Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Best trade route?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been trading in Gin and stuff and have been making decent profits. Just wondering what are the most profitable legal means of trade at the moment?
O r e s

The best routes are Ore routes. Pay a visit to places like Isle of Skye or Canary Wharf that sell Gold Ore for 3k each, or find a miner.
You can use the search function on these forums to find out two programs, they are:

1. Freelancer Companion &
2. FLStat

Both will be you plenty of statistical information on the profitability of certain trade routes.

When you feel you have amassed enough cash and have a good transport, you can also partake in the player economy which is particularly run through the Player Owned Bases section. There you will have to do your own research as to which commodities POB's are selling, where they sell for and how much and you will have to travel to these player owned bases (pob's) to buy them. As these ore commodities are dependent on miners supplying the POBs with the ore, they are partially subject to the market forces of supply and demand. They are also extremely profitable, with the average ore route netting 50-70 million per run on a 5K transport.
Passenger trips involving Liberty and Gallia are pretty profitable, but at least in Liberty it's against house law to fly passengers in any ship over 650 cargo that isn't some kind of Liner.
Definitely stuff that you mine. Get in touch with either Kruger, Samura, BMM, the IMG or the GMG. You can ship ore/steel/metal to Gallia for massive profits, but remember Gallic laws that only the IDF and the GMS may export Gallic ore. Smile
to sell these ore collected in liberty is for sirius, if not, it is a sorte of *colaboration* with the ennemy, the Rheinlander can, the kusarian too, Libertonian and Bretonian No

if a rheinlander come in liberty to buy ore and quit liberty to sell in Gallia, it's a crime etc etc

same for gold ore and other commodities (war is war) nothing for the gauls from liberty or bretonia

(Pub) 2 sirius house pay well for commodity from gallia, but no gms no efl no brigands (sold guys) can do it, you must find an idea
Acctualy to my understanding there isnt 1 best way to generate credits these days. No matter what you choose todo as long you use the right conditions it should make some 100mills an hour. The easyest way is done by ore trade. For that you will need this mining guide, there you can see where all the ores are and then use forum to find pob's that then hopefuly sell the ores.

If you want to focus on regular commodity's i recomend you to get the tools FLStat and Freelancer companion. Do read up on house laws to see what you can or can not cary without breaking laws as the punishments given can be realy hurtfull and severly cripple youre trade. Maybe join a faction as Kruger or IMG or GMG they do both mining and trade and have set routes that you can use to make good creds in not too long of a time. Introducing you to both systems and maybe even in pob management before you decide to make an own Smile

Hope this is a bit helpfull for ya, have fun out there and good luck. Friendly regards from,
Erik Kieber
A “best” trade route doesn’t really exist, in a way
Some commodities sell better the further you have to travel, sometimes if you want “quicker safer” profit, those same commodities can be sold closer for less, but takes less time to get there, so the return route and then the restock can sometimes work better, and safer

Ores are the most bigger profitable without a doubt

And all depends on ships cargo hold size

An average big cargo sized ship normally is the best way to go, about 3500 is what I use, e.g. Serenity

No point in using a 5ker if travelling alone, unless there’s no one about and the distance isn’t that big

The max your going to get on an average size cargo ship and with distance is about 10 million
Most of the best ways to generate creds have already been suggested, but chiming in:
  • Mining/Ore - Needs a group to do so, pirates will wreck your day if they get you.
  • FLCompanion - To plot "from/to" routes there isn't any better tool.
Other than that, keep an eye out for the Laws of Sirius since some comms may be actually limited legally in some parts of Sirius.

If you need more help or a companion, feel free to send me a PM or find me IG. Smile
Just to wrap this thread up. I took your advice and got FLCompanion and went through every system analysing all the best routes. I found one which gives around 90M an hour smuggling slaves and human organs. Best Ore route I've found which I can do comfortably ends up producing around $100M every 1 hour 30 mins.