Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some small (or big) thanks from your local Shooter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be honest, Sombs's post inspired me to do this. It wont be as big as that one nor i dont know if you care at all. Anyways, lets start with my journey, shall we?

I started this journey back in late .86, grinding Money in a Rhino at 100k per hour, unaware of RP concept at all, i was a simple trader back then who simply enjoyed the joy (of back then) trading with people. I did not have any forum account at all that time. Then things happened and i took a break. After my rather long break, i returned in early .87. First, like every new guy, i grinded Money and got myself a Valor with CAU3 that named GRN-Immortal (what a stupid name!) After playing with that one for a while, i switched to Omicrons as a filthy cardamine sniffer and joined raids. Sometimes hanged out in Omicrons with people like Moonwalker and his company, sometimes i was batting in Texas with randoms. Then in one of those battles against LN, i met the renowned Order group that was known as O'Rhu| . I still remember their VERY strict entry requirements and secrecy, to the point i had to earn their ooRP trust and fly alongside them as an indie HAU4 Osiris for one whole month. I am sure still remembers our shenanigans in Omicron Mu and Zeta. O'Rhu, especially sswolf(dont remember his forum name) and the guy used O'Rhu|606-Demonica (we simply referred him as Demo) basically taught me how this game is really played and how its ins and outs work. I learned how to use caps and how to "quality RP" there basically. During my O'Rhu times, i also figured forums. I considered O'Rhu a home away home 'till its disbanded due to member's RL and other faction matters, such as getting LN's lead. Others left disco one after another. With this, i moved on to Taus and "Core" systems more and more. Then one day, i saw Crayter Republic…

I digged forums a bit about its role and found it really interesting. A faction that coped losses and a behemoth on its tails, aiming to thrive among the relentless Sirius. I played as an indie CR for like 6-7 months or so. Did patrols, killed gallics, killed outcasts, joined convoys, all the fun things. Fast forwarding some weeks, i joined my first Official Faction: Gateway Shipping. A faction that i still consider unique among other trading factions. Being underdog of a House that desperately needing every available help to stand against Gallic tyranny while having fights against rival corps of it in Omegas. That was surely interesting.

Again fast forwarding a month or two, i finally joined CR| that was under the leadership of *salutes to the guy*. The people in CR and the atmosphere of it was (and is) fun. I did my usual things, RP s and pewpews, raised ranks over the time, eventually got my first tagged Zephyr. Then eventually leadership changed and i found myself flinged into High Command. It was the time i started to command things. Like raids and being a nilly-willy decorated Commodore and having authority. Awesome people like and was in HC. It was all nice and glorious to me, i felt i was part of a cause while having fun in the server. Until the dark days came upon us...

Leaderships changed quickly, bad blood over petty things happened, paranoia ensued among leadership. I and 7 other people like , (cant find forum name right now) and some others, casted apart from the faction we loved. I am thankful for their unwawering support in the darkest days of CR.

I could not sit there and watch the CR| going down on flames by leadership decisions, i had to do something, and one day, a joke in LPI- chat became a reality. I founded =ARC= abd gathered people who were angry or frustrated with leadership decisions of CR|. Together, we managed to amass a large enough group that CR| considered a merge with us and then, under the leadership of , a council of Seven was made. A High Command that aimed to have a middle ground for the sake of CR. 3 from =ARC= , 3 from CR| . Thus, =CR= was born from its ashes again.

While having this interesting journey, i also joined other factions like SCRA| , GRN| , [TBH] and attempted to join K'Hara| although the last one didnt last so much.

Eventually, leadership passed again to and after he "left", with people's votes, i took the leadership of =CR=.

Some awesome people i met in this community, and one or two dicks, but it is mostly an awesome ride people. Despite its flaws it is a grear mod and server.

Special thanks to (That list gonna be long damn)

for further refining my cap skills and being an awesome serb
for being moderately rare and an awesome oldie
For teaching me some dev side of things and being an awsome fellow.
for sticking around and not letting me down on raids
for being the "niggapuff" of CR and putting up with our jokes, especially Panzer's.
for introducing me to CR in first place and always supporting me, even in the darkest times.
for being a generally great guy and teaching me many things, also a fun target practice.
for having that thrill for PvP and being a cool guy.
for being a great faction leader and bringing an awesome Nomad faction into the server.
for inspiring me to write this, being a very fun guy and a great RPer
for making big and fun convoys of IMG
for putting up with my annoying questions and me in general
for being the nicest Sovereign in disco and all the fun we had together.
for being dat awesome gaian guy.
for being one of the most motivated and fun leaders around.
Kudos right back to you.

... don't you still owe me money? Big Grin
(05-31-2018, 10:03 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]also a fun target practice.

I will destroy you with brigand fire power pew pew pew.

Also I will respond to your skype post when sober. : )(