Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade lane gun bug 'abuse'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now, the admins kindly forewarned us about the 'Attack the Trade Lane guns and you'll crash to desktop'. This probably has been used and abused.

Is there a way to catch those buggers and give them justice? Because you know, the pirate will gun those things, go away, and on dock, you'll crash.

What I also want to know is this, if you do CTD, do you dock with that place or go back to the last dock, or float in space?

Because just now, I avoided a fight with an enemy and they just started chasing me and screaming 'Engaging', then I CTD'd on dock. Will I be classed as F1'ing or will I be dead anyway?
You can kill the lane without killing the lane gun, there is a difference.
If it take a lane trying to get away from someone i drop a nuke mine at the last second
it kills the lane but not the lane gun, hence no crash dock.
' Wrote:You can kill the lane without killing the lane gun, there is a difference.
If it take a lane trying to get away from someone i drop a nuke mine at the last second
it kills the lane but not the lane gun, hence no crash dock.
True enough, but what about actually targeting the guns and disabling them?

EDIT: I'm also pretty steamed that I can't log back in for awhile:angry:
I don't know about catching them

but for your second question, you docked anyway, which is fleeing and not F1ing... as a trader you're exempt from the 4 hour rule, as you docked to get out of being pirated, instead of F1ing i'd say you're okay.

I think it looks like a normal dock, when you log back in the chat window will say that you're where you docked, but you'll probably actually be at the previous base.
I think it would be possible if you knew the person was deliberately doing it to make you CTD. Like, they said in system 'shoot the guns!' otherwise it's hard to tell the difference between deliberate and not knowing. Someone who hasn't been told and doesn't read the forums might genuinely be ignorant to the concequences. Normally lack of knowledge isn't excuse for breaking the rules, but it hasn't been stated that shooting lane guns is sanctionable yet. Just my opinion, though.

CTD makes you return to the last place you docked. If you CTDed while docking to escape a fight, you docked before you crashed, so it shouldn't count as F1.
strange... I allways kill TL guns (because they annoy me) and it never crashed to me or someone else using that TL
Keep in mind that an NPC could be the culprit.
It is a "hardcoded" bug.

And from my experiecne, it has something to do with disabling lane turrets -and- tractoring cargo.

Thing is that the bug stays until ALL players have left the system. So if you have someone shoot the turrets apart and leave, yet there is at least one person in the system, when he will fly though he will still crash. Sadly enough, while after the time you don't see the turret smoking, you cant really tell who was the one who shot it. I may be sitting near the lane and pirating where only a hour ago someone was and had shot the turrets, while there was a civvy in the system, doing missions. The turrets aren't smoking, but we still crash. Who gets blamed? The one last seen near the lane. You cannot be sure.
' Wrote:strange... I allways kill TL guns (because they annoy me) and it never crashed to me or someone else using that TL

Well, don't do it again. You might piss some people off.
Pages: 1 2