Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Gentleman Spy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 3 June, 825 A.S

Victor always hated Kyoto. He didn't like the air, the food and the company was hardly friendly. When he wasn't overseeing Dagon's family he was asleep, or being roped into patrols by his Blood Dragon 'Brothers'. A few new scars had appeared since he left Bretonia, nothing major, but he didn't enjoy the process of getting them.

When the call came from Cambridge about a certain job, he only too happily took the chance to get away from the standard routine.

What's this about James? What do they need me to do? Victor asked as he spoke with his friend who was relaying the message.

Now steady on chum. We all know working with the Blood Dragons and especially the chrysanthemums can be...straining, but that doesn't mean you should be the one to go

And How many others Agents does the service have posted up here? Victor argued back

Never you mind. The short version is, the BAF have got their hands on some intelligence on a new weapon Samura and Kishiro have made. Basically...

The Directors want me to steal it Victor said, already guessing where this was going.

Obviously. James replied, irritated at being cut off. You'll need to have a word with your new mates about the whole y'know...getting in and out part. Reckon your Daimyo can help with that?

I'll see what I can do. What am I looking for exactly?

It's called the”Terminator”, a battleship Defense Turret. Its a new creation that the two company's put out for the Republic to counter the Imperials, now that Kusari is whole again, it gives their fleets a significant advantage, something we could use. You'll be needed to find the blueprints and the procedures on how to replicate the construction of this weapon. With this information we may be able to adapt it to our own ships.

Right...easy then He said, his voice dripping with sarcasmOkey Doke, I'll go have a talk with a few people, see what I can manage. You'll need to send me any more details at a later date.

With his conversation over Victor pondered how on earth he was going to pull this off. Naturally he'd need help, but the Service couldn't send men up north on a whim, so he was stuck either going in by himself, which didn't appeal to him at all, or asking the Blood Dragons for help, which didn't appeal either, but appealed far more than getting killed because of stubborn pride. Knowing full well that he couldn't just swan on over to the Daimyo, he did the correct thing and sent him a message first, before walking back to his quarters and waiting. A cunning disguise was required, as were names, specifically the people who built this weapon that had the Service so concerned. Presumably, the place they made it would be Yokohama Shipyard, but he'd need to check that as well.
An hour or so passed and a message appeared on Victor's communication device.

[Image: dP2Z6fp.png]
Date: 6 June, 825 A.S

The little corridor was about as bland as one could imagine, little comfort or decoration could be seen, save for the door at the end which clearly displayed the insignia of the Daimyo. A short sharp knock on the front door signaled Victor's arrival, his lord and master would know who it was, as he was expected. Victor had made sure his pitch was has good as he could make it, after all, wasting the Daimyo's time was ill advised. Still, attacking Samura would doubtlessly gain the Daimyo's approval.

[Image: vqu100D.gif]
Daimyo Kijima

Tengan, opens the door and showed Victor into the room. Victor stood awkwardly in the middle of the room looking around.

[Image: ZGmzd3s.png]

Hisayuki Kijima

"Victor, it has been too long since we have spoken. Please sit and join me for a glass of sake."

He sits and looks down at the glass clearly feeling quite uneasy.

"So what did you come to speak about?"
He gave a long bow before speaking. Sir..it has come to my attention that Samura may have something that the Service believes to be of great value. I was hoping you would allow me permission and perhaps men to assist me in infiltrating one of their shipyards. He knew he was being blunt and overly forward but he didn't see much point in lying to his Blood Dragon leader. Daimyo Kijima had been good to him while he was here..or at least had been more pleasant than the average Blood Dragon pilot.

Daimyo Kijima

The Daimyo listens to Victor's request and looks down at a data pad for a few moments.

Hisayuki Kijima

"I know your time among the Blood Dragons has not been easy for you, it is not often that we accept a gaijin into our ranks especially one with such strong ties to another house. I have the manpower to accept you request but are you sure you are ready to command a squad of Dragons? It will be the most demanding task you have done since you arrival in Kusari. Convince me you are ready and I will get a team ready for you."

Daimyo Kijima takes a long drink and waits for Victors response.

I do not require a team sir, I require only myself and the appropriate credentials to assist me. He paused considering how to convince the daimyo However, if you wish, I would be happy for someone of the dragons to accompany me on this task. But I cannot convince you that I am ready, if I wasn't, I would not be in the service and I would not have survived as long as I have with the Blood Dragons.

Daimyo Kijima

Daimyo Kijima smiles after listening to Victor.

Hisayuki Kijima

"Very well, I put a great deal of trust in you once before when I signed you up to our cause. As of this moment nothing has changed, we will make a fine Dragon of you yet. Speak to Tengan he will provide you with anything you need for this. If you change your mind about needing assistance he will be able to provide names of the most suitable candidates. I am afraid that is all the time I have for now, I have other duties to attend. Let me know as soon as your mission is complete."

Daimyo Kijima stands and gives a long deep bow, clearly holding a lot of respect for Victor. He then leaves to attend other matters.