Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This is Discovery - Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So a very long time ago I did a lot of media work for Discovery showcasing massive fights in a cinematic view. I believe I also did a video for the XTF clan for what I believe was their 3rd birthday. Towards the end of my Discovery "career", so to say, I did much more media work as that was what I was enjoying more and more. This is something I'd like to carry on with a "remake" of a video I started but never finished. It was called "This is Discovery". To say the least, I was quite annoyed when I left Discovery due to a few reasons so I deleted a lot of my media work so I'm having to make my work again.

Some people may remember this starting out last time but I have the aims of finishing this completely. It will take a while to finish it because there is a lot of work to do and I will need a lot of help from people. Fortunatly I have a pretty decent PC now so rendering and recording shouldn't be a problem.

"This is Discovery" is a video aimed to be about 6/7 minutes long that showcases both Discovery and tells a story of a pilot and his faction during war time. I want to base it on the Order vs Nomad war following an Order pilot into his first fight against the Nomads. Ether that or I want to focus it on an LPI / LN Officer fighting something like Rogues or the GRN. However I am still yet to decide on that and the main purpose of this thread is to hopefully get opinions and ideas based on what people want to see.

Also, I want to show you a very very early part of the project to give you a bit of an insight onto what I plan. Much of this is still a draft. The start of the project is supposed to be very chaotic fight scene where most of it is audio but with occasional video that "fades" in. After that scene I plan for it to be peaceful and you follow the pilot as he prepares to go into battle. Then the battle happens. After the battle is finished I then want to showcase Discovery with full huds, ts/discord chat and what not.

So, can I have your thoughts? Your thoughts on my plans and what I aim to do?

I currently use a discord server just with myself in it to store all of my work and what not.

I think this would be amazing to watch. What would be more entertaining is to see how you aim to capture these moments. I for one would love to see it bases around the Nomads and the Order. Events like "The fall of Toledo" would be incredible to see how a pilot would react and how he/she kept their composure.
Currently, this teaser is a perfect display of any faction feedback thread. Good job on showing Discovery!
(06-02-2018, 07:43 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]I think this would be amazing to watch. What would be more entertaining is to see how you aim to capture these moments. I for one would love to see it bases around the Nomads and the Order. Events like "The fall of Toledo" would be incredible to see how a pilot would react and how he/she kept their composure.

The Fall of Toledo sounds like a fantastic idea atcually. Thinking about it now it fits the start of my video perfectly. I'll probably have to work closely with the leading Order and Nomad factions to do this. Also might need a bit of admin involvement to make a decent event out of it. I really like what did with the "Behind the scenes: Out of Bounds" so I might do something similar to that, if Sombra doesn't mind me pinching the idea (:

(06-02-2018, 07:54 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, this teaser is a perfect display of any faction feedback thread. Good job on showing Discovery!

Thank you :p I've got a lot to do so hopefully
I don't mind it at all. In fact I want to encourage everyone to make nice videos and give us more presence on platforms like YouTube, ModDB and imgur. If I could record stuff in HD, I'd record the moistest Discovery trailers of all time myself.
(06-02-2018, 08:15 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind it at all. In fact I want to encourage everyone to make nice videos and give us more presence on platforms like YouTube, ModDB and imgur. If I could record stuff in HD, I'd record the moistest Discovery trailers of all time myself.

If you want me to record some stuff in HD for you at a later date then I can do that if you want.
For those of you planning on doing a lot of recording, I would advise using this to remove those weird white tracers that happen when your ship is in motion. This file is a simple empty .ale file that stops them from appearing. Drop it in Data/FX/Space if you want to use it.
(06-02-2018, 08:08 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]Also might need a bit of admin involvement to make a decent event out of it. Thank you :p I've got a lot to do so hopefully

I don't think you will be able to re-create the Fall of Toledo, The planet, system, Order assets have all changed in the mod, Only way I personally see it can be done is by having an older mod on a separate server.
(06-02-2018, 08:44 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you planning on doing a lot of recording, I would advise using this to remove those weird white tracers that happen when your ship is in motion. This file is a simple empty .ale file that stops them from appearing. Drop it in Data/FX/Space if you want to use it.

That's going to be extremely useful. Thank you!

(06-02-2018, 08:53 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you will be able to re-create the Fall of Toledo, The planet, system, Order assets have all changed in the mod, Only way I personally see it can be done is by having an older mod on a separate server.

I will bare that in mind then. I guess I could do something similar.
(06-02-2018, 08:15 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind it at all. In fact I want to encourage everyone to make nice videos and give us more presence on platforms like YouTube, ModDB and imgur. If I could record stuff in HD, I'd record the moistest Discovery trailers of all time myself.

Did you try using Shadowplay? Full HD videos with little to no drop in performance.
Pages: 1 2