Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About the PoB attack declaration thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By my reckoning there should only be one attack declaration visible on the thread. I am led to understand that a declaration lapses after two weeks and the attack becomes null and void. The thread is removed/hidden when an attack is completed also either straight after or by the two week limit.

Why are some declarations allowed to remain?
They're a low priority to clean up
No conspiracy/bi[A]s, just more important things, like processing requests.
I can understand priority of time, but if that was the case, how is it there is cleanup of some recent declarations, but many much, much older are not?

Just curious is all.
Some people complained that removing them is bad. Some people complain that leaving them is bad.
The honest answer is that I tend to 'look' at the Attack Declaration Thread every time I see a new one. I then look at the previous ones and see if they are out of date or if I know the Base has been destroyed. Then I 'Invis' those that are out of date or known to be destroyed.

When you look at the Thread, you may see 1 or 2 Pages. I see 32 Pages. So, those older ones were missed. I have just been through all 32 Pages and hopefully now 'hidden' all the 'old' ones.
Is there a way to make the forum software automatically invis posts that are older than 2 weeks there, or to mark them as "expired"? If not, manually marking them as "expired" after 2 weeks may be a less confusing solution than removing them when the base gets destroyed. I remember a few cases where the base owner didn't know what happened to their base because the declaration was removed soon after it blew.