Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned: {SCRA}Navarin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
{SCRA}Navarin has been sanctioned for:

Quote:3.6 Attacking without Roleplay. Players must be given reasonable time to react to hostilities.
4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Leave the system the fight took place in for two hours. You must not carry cargo while doing so and must not engage in any player interaction while you are leaving. Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
Not re-enter the system they died in on any of their characters for two hours.
Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for two hours.

Consequences:

And here we are, again. Same offence, as last time, but you have gone one further.

So, I have gone one further, loss of guns, loss of credits and another Sanction Notice in your hold.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Good morning,

I would like to request more information on this.

I am not sure what this could be. There was the fight with the LSF players I described previously, when I was grouped and traveling with (Marie.Galante?). Then more recently I encountered a GRN battleship and I felt we RP before that encounter. Both times I got beat and logged off right afer for over 2 hours.

(06-03-2018, 11:18 AM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
{SCRA}Navarin has been sanctioned for:

Quote:3.6 Attacking without Roleplay. Players must be given reasonable time to react to hostilities.
4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:
Leave the system the fight took place in for two hours. You must not carry cargo while doing so and must not engage in any player interaction while you are leaving. Other players must allow a PVP Dead player to leave the system.
Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their characters for two hours.

Consequences:

And here we are, again. Same offence, as last time, but you have gone one further.

So, I have gone one further, loss of guns, loss of credits and another Sanction Notice in your hold.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Evidence sent.
Thank you for sending that. I would like to appeal.

I was unaware that Mari.Galante had not RP with him and I saw that the two had opened fired on eachother. You can also see me in the background not firing on the LSF player at the very beginning. I did not open up until his ally "Drone" came in firing. We were right next to a base that was firing at us, Mari.Galante was fighting the LSF player,the other guy came in and started to engage. You can see that the LSF player has identified me as a hostile to "Drone" as he is coming in.

Another point I would like to make is that LSF had already RP by his actions. We are hostile and raiding his space, I am a uniformed combatant, if you will, since I am displaying SCRA. He drops in as a uniformed combatant with his LSF tag and cuts off our retreat, before any firing starts. You can see he already had identified us as hostile in his messages with his backup. I thought he played really well.

I do not understand why I am being sanctioned. If you watch the video, it shows the points I make above.

I do not have any issue with the engagement. The LSF player and I both clearly have our hostile intentions toward each other marked in our names. He was originally coming in pursuit of me, which you can see with his messages and him checking my location in the chat window. When he came in he fires on the trade lane right in front of us. Mari.Galante probably saw that and was taking fire from the base, thinking the LSF player was firing at him, so he turns and opens up.

I do not see the issue and would like to appeal. I chooseto play a hostile faction, so players like the LSF player have a challenge to shoot at. Why would he l have an issue with this? Players that clearly mark their side are doing this to be identified. You have a player playing security, coming after me, finding another warship with me, a fight starting, backup coming in, us chasing, then loosing, us runing, splitting up, etc... I lost
First of all, I would suggest that you acquaint yourself with the Server Rules.

You have seen the Video and read the Chat Logs that I have sent you, so we can through this step by step.

1) The first part:

The 'enemy' exited the Trade Lane and proceeded to shoot the Lanes, to disable them. Your 'friend' opened fire on the enemy without a word being said. You can see plenty of words being spoken by the 'enemy' and the second enemy, which is hiring. At no time can you see any conversation from your side. Even if you didn't see your 'friend' do any RP, you are still required to give a couple of lines, yourself. You were not shot at, until after you shot at them first.

2) The second part:

Quote:4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, you are considered as ''PVP Dead''. A PVP Dead player must:

You have been fighting the enemy for a while now and you have taken a serious amount of damage, but you have not been killed. You decide to run for to a Base with the 'enemy' following you. Next, you dock with the enemy right on your tail.

This now counts as you being 'PvP Dead', as per:
Quote:4.3 Docking during combat with hostiles in docking message range (15k) counts as PvP Death, except for transports. If a player combat docks in a transport they may remain in the system for the sole purpose of trading only. They may not attack anyone unless in self defense. This restriction lasts for two hours.

Now under the PvP Rules, if you are 'dead', you can undock and freely leave the System, but you didn't, you came out and preceded to shoot again. You can even see the 'enemy' mention to his 'friends' not to shoot at you, because you were 'PvP Dead'.

So, hopefully you can review the video and pick up on the points I have raised as to where you have broken the Rules.
Okay, I was not aware of the docking rule. I had messaged the LSF player, stating round 2. I was not aware of the rule. I had docked because Mari.Galante had requested that I outfit with anti bomber armament and I switched guns to fight him.

Yes, I have read through the rules and I like the game. Mostly I had been mining/unning cargo to generate funds. It is a lot to take in and this has been a large learning curve. I have a couple issues with the RP. If I get cruise disrupted for instance , but not fired on yet, can I open up or should I state that I am attacking? I have had that happen before and all they were doing was stalling for their friend to arrive.

I will reiterate that I believed we had been fired on. He came out shooting at the gate to cut off our retreat and I was being hit by fire, which I believed was from the fighter.

Lastly, I would like to request a favor. After these incidents. Would you be willing to give the 350 to 400 million to another of my characters and delete {SCRA}Navarin? I would take a faction involved in contested space and play a more lawful role. I do not want to keep running afoul of sanctions. Also, with the Coalition battle cruiser I feel the need to be offensive with the forward guns. Every time I RP, they are already to my side.

I am really just trying to emlnjoy the game and am not trying to puss off the community