Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stefan's Feedback Thingie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't really sure about this thread, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Consider this a place to direct a few links regarding my characters, it's stories, and receive any feedback desired to be put forth.

I will also try to keep a list of a few ooRP questions with my own answers - I expect most of these to be ones used during their creation process but feel free to ask more and I'll list them below. The idea is that with this I get the chance to put these characters to the test and see where they fall short.

Well. Here's a tomato basket. Take your potshots. And please be gentle.

Active Characters
Character
Allegiance
Aliases
Creation
Status
Links
Jacob Fade
Gaian Guard
The Underloch (past)
Nature's Last Hope (past)
GG-E-Atheris.Hispida
GG-E-Chun.Infernalis
GG-E-Disecatta
[U]-Natural.Selection
Sep, 2009
Active
Sever
The Collective
tC-Sever
Jun, 2018
Active
Kayo & HANA
Samura
Samura|-Ikebana
Samura|-Komorebi
Jun, 2018
Semi-Active
Allan Brahms Fawkes
?
?
April, 2018
?
Retired Characters
Character
Allegiance
Aliases
Creation
Status
Links
The Lexicon
Indie Zoner
The.Lexicon
Apr, 2012
Retired
Musica
Indie OS&C
-
Mar, 2012
Retired
Yamamoto Gonbee
Indie Kishiro
Kazahaya.Maru
Oct, 2009
Retired

Play Style

1. Why do you keep rather mundane characters?
A. I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I suppose, for me at least, it is amusing enough to imagine how the life I know would be on a fictional universe. Since I'm just a regular guy, putting myself on the shoes of another regular guy is easier than, say, a macro-cyborg-slavering-machine-being. Don't get me wrong, I understand how people have fun that way, I'm just tired of that line of reasoning since I have been playing PnP RPG's since I was a kid and those are the kind of characters people tend to go with.

2. You trade almost 100% your uptime? Stop power traden! ಠ益ಠ
A. There are several reasons. First, in RL I enjoy driving a lot because it calms me down. It's so much a fact that I end up keeping (several) copies of Truck Sims around. I think it translates into Freelancer from there.

Second, regarding PVP, I don't handle competition that well, so whenever I put myself through it I have to keep in hand a handful of strategies to still enjoy it - plus, my connection isn't exactly the best, since I live far away from Disco servers. Still, from time to time I do step into it for the sake of character building - see Fade up there. In all due honesty it doesn't tend to last much, however. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Third, RP. I really, really enjoy iRP interactions - it's even in my work description. I tend to find those more often without the need for PVP. Being perfectly honest, to this day I don't know what to do with my credits. I don't think I ever bought something with more teeth than a Gunboat.

Character Related

1. Why did you quit playing Allan?
A. I reached a point on his story I wasn't finding any leeway into RP venues any longer - not only that but I wasn't exactly having fun on the ones I had access to. I held it off for a while but when it became clear I was starting to head in a direction it made no sense for the original character I decided to call it quits.

2. Why did you quit playing The Lexicon?
A. Truthfully, what reminded me of Freelancer was a conversation I had with a friend about the character, so when I came back I remade my Whale and played for a while. I'm not sure where, but the glamour wore off. Although I have fond memories of The Wilde interactions, years ago, I just realized The Lexicon was better on my memories, so I dropped them. For now, at least.

3. Musica-whom?
A. Another side project. I intended to run him as a Dj, a musician, because I was messing with Winamp radio services at the time of his creation and thought "why not?". Plus, considering I still don't see a character running in game adds for the several factions who complain they lack members, he may very well come back one of these days - except this time I'll just have to learn how to code a bot on discord.

Technicalities

1. You keep talking about your distance from the servers.
A. This is not a question. But it's true, I'm from Brazil - which means English is not my main language and I tend to butcher grammar now and then, or sound like I'm trying too hard. Because of this, my ping usually sits on the low 200's, although I have a decent connection and low packet loss. I thought I should add this here just because.

My favorite person to RP with, ten outta ten would shadowlog you again. Being serious. you've already got my feedback via Discord, so I will just say it again - you are the great writer, designer and person in general. I also owe you my best encounters in my Disco career so far.
By the way, I'm not a stalker. ;c;
(06-04-2018, 02:15 PM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite person to RP with, ten outta ten would shadowlog you again. Being serious. you've already got my feedback via Discord, so I will just say it again - you are the great writer, designer and person in general. I also owe you my best encounters in my Disco career so far.

I'm just gonna reiterate Corpus' points, because they hold truer than any words I could formulate myself.

10/10 keep it up chap.
(06-04-2018, 02:15 PM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite person to RP with, ten outta ten would shadowlog you again. Being serious. you've already got my feedback via Discord, so I will just say it again - you are the great writer, designer and person in general. I also owe you my best encounters in my Disco career so far.

(06-04-2018, 02:19 PM)Caelumaresh (Thomas) Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just gonna reiterate Corpus' points, because they hold truer than any words I could formulate myself.

10/10 keep it up chap.

~~~ (warmth) ~~~
also eww
It's such a shame to see Allan go like that. Had so many enjoyable power-trade runs while just chatting with him!
(07-13-2018, 08:04 AM)Bordo Wrote: [ -> ]It's such a shame to see Allan go like that. Had so many enjoyable power-trade runs while just chatting with him!

It happens. ):

I can say I'm missing the wheel.
Annika disapproves your decesion, regarding Allan.
(07-17-2018, 09:52 AM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]Annika disapproves your decesion, regarding Allan.

He's in a better place now.

I may rewrite him. One day. I dunno. He still drinks his beer on Freeport 8.