Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Disable camera view change in static turret view.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So one of the most annoying things I've come across in learning to pilot a battleship is the fact that when you try and turn left and right (not strafing). The camera will instead turn left or right rather than the ship. It's especially annoying considering that W and S or camera up and down don't affect the camera, but instead pitch your ship up or down.

My request: Change the static turret view mode so that A and D or ship left and right turn the ship rather than the camera.
I think that unfortunately might be ingrained into the game's code, which would mean it's unalterable. Have you tried turning Free-Flight on while in turret view? It alters how the camera handles when using keys to turn the ship in turret view (often called Turret Steering) immensely.
You can simply hold down your mouse button to prevent the camera from moving.
(06-07-2018, 02:31 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]I think that unfortunately might be ingrained into the game's code, which would mean it's unalterable. Have you tried turning Free-Flight on while in turret view? It alters how the camera handles when using keys to turn the ship in turret view (often called Turret Steering) immensely.

I do use free flight turret view, but it's not practical to switch back and forth because it means your turning as you are aiming and it makes it extremely difficult to keep your aim (Also on my freelancer because I've bound pitch and yaw to Alt + WASD, my ship will stop firing and I have to re-click to initiate firing again. I think this is due to how many keys you can have pressed at any one time in FL). However considering that pitch up and down is possible in static turret view mode, it must be possible to simply change what the functionality of the left and right keys do in static turret view.
(06-07-2018, 02:47 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]You can simply hold down your mouse button to prevent the camera from moving.

Doesn't prevent it from moving. It just returns you to free flight mode temporarily and allows you to turn the ship whilst the camera floats about. You then need to reset your camera placement and the return to the static flight mode so you can strafe and shoot.
Your ship does turn, but your camera turns as well. I don't think there's a fix unfortunately, in PvP you won't (or shouldn't) be using static turret view anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
try pressing space
(06-07-2018, 03:01 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]try pressing space

Then it's not static turret view anymore.
It's a band-aid that makes it a bit easier.
(06-07-2018, 03:38 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]It's a band-aid that makes it a bit easier.

Not really because then you can't actually fire at the same time because your camera starts moving again. And as you return to static you have to reset your camera.
Pages: 1 2