Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zyl's Art Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to Zyl's Art Database - this is where I'll store all the stuff I've done so far.
to make those, I employ GIMP as the main program, by the way.

Without further ado, let the show begin!

Transmission bars for DWR!

Sanae Miyasu's personal logo and transmission bars!
(Since they're A LOT of tbars, I'll just put the link to the album!)

Transmission bars for Yann Blackwings!

Bars made for Amina Rodriges/SSRT!

T-Bar and Banner made for Martha Lass/!

New ones will be added in the OP as soon as I make them. Do leave feedback if you wish to!

NB: Morphed pics into links to reduce visual clutter.
Looks nice Smile
on the link images....

looking ok, I don’t use gimp myself, I'm a Biggy in PhotoShop using , so I can't comment on how gimp works,

Looking at the images, I can see small errors, not big ones, so please take this as constructive

Try to work on smoothing some of the edges, there’s a lot of jaggy bits, so anti-aliasing or masking would help

Sometimes the black or dark outlines are too strong, try to work on perhaps reducing opacity a little

The circles, don’t seem to be “fully” circle perhaps it could be the anti-aliasing on the edges?

What it looks like you’ve done, for example the middle sphere, you’ve duplicated and then expanded in size to make the bigger outer circle

When expanding you'll lose definition, try to make the bigger spheres 1st and the then reduce or you'll get “jpeging” effects, try to work the other way using bicubic smoothing when reducing

There’s some slight pixel errors, in the middle logo (strong white pixel)

Before sending to customer/s go over every pixel/layer and check

Other than that, good work

on this page, the dark blue "circuit" parts just look stuck on, again anti aliasing smoothing helps, the definition of the "gaps" in those parts some parts are missing the gaps

please again, don't take this in the wrong way, i'm not posting to insult, just trying to help
- Thanks Smile

- Tips accepted, no insult received. I ask for feedback for contructive and critic replies like yours, mate. I'm still not top-notch, but I'm doing my best as of now. On the next job I'll be working on, I'll make sure to work on the aspects you pointed me.
OP updated.
You make signatures? If so show some of them
- I don't make sigs yet, but it's a field I want to test myself within.

Addendum: my external SSD drive seems to be not-functioning atm, so until I manage to sort it out I won't be making new stuff. SSD reborn, apparently it was its box that broke. I'm back in business ;3
Smol upperino.

Still taking graphic works btw - currently learning how to make animated things.