Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: We should ban the unlawfuls to their respective ZOI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Liberty is a very funny, active, and appealing house regarding roleplay, it's understandable that everybody wants a piece of the cake.
There is just one thing I don't understand:
Why don't you just join Liberty Unlawfuls to get some unlawful rp within Liberty?

For example I'll take the Unioners now. What is their interest in Texas? In general, they are imperialists who want to reetablish the Imperial rulership within Rheinland.
Speaking of Rheinland, which needs attention and activity, why in gods name are the Unioners in Liberty fighting for PEW and not for their believes within Rheinland?
Liberty Naval forces aren't even allowed to enter Texas to take a breath, the recent increasement of the Harmony's members is enough unlawful stuff in Texas.
BAN them from Libertonian space.

Next example: The Gaians
I know their NPC's roaming around California, Cali Minor as their reason to do so. But why? Sure, they want to protect the planets and they want them to stay as they are, but is there really a need for them in Cali? Isn't their mission to protect Gaia from harm? Why don't Gaian players annoy the Gauls in Leeds/Edinburgh and the Taus?
BAN them aswell.

Next one: Coalition.
Simple: They don't have the inrp resources to build more than 2 or 3 of their Carriers, but they are able to spam Battlecruisers around Sirius. They have their space, the Omegas, in which they are to fight the Corsairs, Rheinland and Bretonia, Liberty doesn't need them.
BAN.

Banning those factions from Liberty and maybe sticking them to their respective house/region will make Liberty's factions interesting again, the flood of foreign factions with acess to warships is poison to the Liberty unlawful factions, when was the last time I saw a Scylla? An actual Hellfire Arbiter? I only fought Rheinland or Liberty cruisers in the recent times.

Please, BAN those factions from Liberty to increase the interest in OUR unlawful factions again!

Thoughts below.
Bretonia and Rheinland respectively don't have anything going on in their ZoIs, and those are intrinsic issues related to those two Houses, rather than Gaiains/Unioners themselves. Cutting part of their ZoI wouldn't be good, and it'd only reduce activity. I'd also say there's enough difference between Gaiains/Unioners an Lib lawfuls to stop their activity overlapping.

I will say however that the current Coalition ID is ridiculous. It's considerably easier to count the factions they can't shoot, than the factions they can shoot. With Caps Sirius-wide too.
While I can't tell you what motivates factions like Unioners and Harmony to do what every they do in Liberty (because I don't know), I want to warn about restricting things that people like to do in the hope that they'll do something that you'll like instead (they probably won't). Factions will remain unfilled, with the number of players we now have. Ruining some factions hoping to fill other factions isn't going to work. It's better to have 1 char with double the ZOI than 2 chars with half the ZOI, because the quality of the RP, amount of fun, and chance of meeting people will also be halved. And even if they make liberty unlawfuls like you want them to, chances are you'll be equally annoyed by those because you don't like their behavior either.
(06-11-2018, 05:42 PM)Ikarus_Hagen Wrote: [ -> ]Next one: Coalition.
Simple: They don't have the inrp resources to build more than 2 or 3 of their Carriers, but they are able to spam Battlecruisers around Sirius. They have their space, the Omegas, in which they are to fight the Corsairs, Rheinland and Bretonia, Liberty doesn't need them.
BAN.

Not fight with Bretonia. We have consensus in Tea sipping.
[Image: %D0%A1%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%...%D0%BD.png]

Rheinland is dead. Sairs-Coalition PvP was so frequent in last time, so i think guys just vomit from it.
Maybe you should first ask, why everybody from lawfuls side still play for Liberty?) This is why guys fly in here.

Btw, official position about liberty in coalition - "Liberty is waste". BCrs which you see from Bering, not even attached to Coalition indie discord, and just funcaps.
ID okay, in really if you will fly with it, you will see how in really small amounts of targets you have without transport shooting. I not joking, server population make it in this way.

Also thanks to devs(and i guess previous coalition doctrines?) for making coalition gb and bcr(even if hurri okay balanced at least finally) more duel adjusted than for fleet fights. It add headache for omegas fleet fights, but make it easy for fun pew around lolberty.

Upd: Also, main reason, why local unlawfuls dont fly - same why foreign unlawfuls fly - lolberty have mostly active 24/7 lawfuls forces which both successful gank local unlawfuls and attract attention of foreign unlawfuls.
I can tell you why we got ZOI in Texas, I can understand that it may is confusing. But the reason is simple, to better block the trade between Liberty and Rheinland, also to assist Harmony if they go to Texas.

Lately, I switched the priority of Texas lower, so that we don't go their on our selves only if asked by Allies to help them.
(06-11-2018, 05:55 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]While I can't tell you what motivates factions like Unioners and Harmony to do what every they do in Liberty (because I don't know), I want to warn about restricting things that people like to do in the hope that they'll do something that you'll like instead (they probably won't). Factions will remain unfilled, with the number of players we now have. Ruining some factions hoping to fill other factions isn't going to work. It's better to have 1 char with double the ZOI than 2 chars with half the ZOI, because the quality of the RP, amount of fun, and chance of meeting people will also be halved. And even if they make liberty unlawfuls like you want them to, chances are you'll be equally annoyed by those because you don't like their behavior either.

Harmony is primarily a Liberty faction with few interests outside of such. Harmony's primary goals reside in battling the infected Liberty Navy, as they see it. They're not based inside Liberty since they barely managed to escape Alaska in one piece. Now based in Bering, they stage assaults on Liberty (or the more common part, get assaulted by Liberty). For the Unioners.. I don't know. Maybe they're mad Rheinland lost the war and continue fighting.
Blaming factions not garnering a proper player base on factions that have managed to create followings. This is a new one. While I can't speak for other factions, I do have an interest in voicing my opinion to your point about the Coalition.

I'm going to say one thing and then dismiss this like the drivel it is. The last time I personally participated in a Coalition raid on Liberty border worlds, we had a capital ship fight with the Liberty rogues who logged to counter us. If anything we gave one of the regional factions you're complaining on behalf of a reason to log, besides having to deal with your own house lawful Indies who sometimes forget that roleplay engagements exist.

While we're at it, why don't we ban the freedom of movement of Liberty lawful Indies who frequently disregard their own IDs.
Unioners are in texas because they handle Rheinland/Liberty border region smuggling and are trying to free Unioners and seperatists trapped in LPI sugarland. The unioner home systrm is only one jump away.

Just because a house unlawful faction comes from a prescriptive house, doesn't mean its interests stop st the boarder. See: Chinese Triads, Japanese Yakuza, and Mexican gangs, all of which have had presences in Los Angeles.

If you givw all unlawfula the same zoi, the faction wkth the best tech acceas and ID lines will become the only group played. Sometimes ZOI is a method of showing the faction's intentions.
Let's prevent people from going where activity is with the ships they like to fly!

Seriously, as long as it isn't against their ID rules, let people do whatever they want and stop lobbying because some things annoy you. It's the worst kind of attitude we have in this community.
To add to it... ZOIs should be expanded (especially into Gallia), mining bonuses and cargo sizes should be more equal among factions and freelancers (not totally equal but more equal), and the tech chart should be made more liberal.

The "spread people out in factions by ruining certain aspects for certain factions" dogma has been obsolete for 3+ years. Players need to be able to stick to their favorite chars and favorite factions more, so they have more fun, do better RP, and make friends more easily.
Pages: 1 2