Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yann Blackwings| Captain's Logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

This logs are secret. They can't be used by anyone except if this person has the agreement of the owner of this logs. If you want to use them for a RP reason, send me a message. Thanks.

[Image: harmonylogo.png]

Yann Blackwings | Captain's Logs

Entry 1 |06/12/825|: Battle against the Somers

[Image: ZVhnMT6.png]

A few days before took place a major event, can be a turning point in this war which we lead against the Nomads and the infected.

A pilot from the Lane Hackers contacted me in distress while me and my crew were repairing the SNS-Bering, damaged during an attack. He told me that there was something without the system Hamburg. According to him, Navy would have sent it a whole fleet of vessel in the way to attack the Rheinland Army near the station of Altona. I took then immediately my fighter and took the direction of the Hamburg system by the only Jump Hole connecting Bering and this system. Once arrived in Hamburg, I went to Altona by the trade lane from the old Jump Gate leading to Bering. When I arrived in the neighborhood of Altona, I strictly found nothing, except spaceships wrecks of all kinds. By following my instinct, I took Trade Lane leading to the battleship Westphalia. A few seconds later, I found the battlefield.

On the scene was present the Rheinland Fleet, or at least what it remained there: the RNC-Baden, as well as the RWSS-Fredegunde. There was also Zoners vessels, of which a carrier, Sparta-2. I have to admit that it was impressive. The allied Forces fought about ten cruisers of Liberty. In the face of this madness, my fighter was useless. Once the first two destroyed waves, I was able to see the flagship, the LNS-Somers. I have never seen a vessel so terrible. It was a battleship of class Overlord with phenomenal Nomads weapons power, and an armor of the new type who resisted in practically all our shootings. To be the most effective possible I decided to return to Bering, and to take my cruiser. I asked of course for the authorization to the captain of the Fredegunde, who friendly accepted the coming of our big ships in the Rheinland space.

[Image: wRtr6yz.png]

Once my cruiser in Hamburg, Fredegunde indicated to me that Somers was damaged and it went now to Hudson. However, the Rheinland and the Zoners were not able to prevent him from going to the door, given that they still grappled with the remaining strengths of Navy. I thought I could thus intercept in time Somers before it jumps into Hudson. I asked to my crew members to move quite the power of the generator of the vessel towards engines. At this moment I had a certain apprehension. Until that our forces arrive, my cruiser would have to face the Somers alone. However, it was not the moment to lose. If this vessel escaped; the whole future of the Battlegroup Harmony will be compromised.

After a few minutes, we finally found Somers, only, in approximately 10.0K of the Hudson Gate. The Rheinland forces and Zoners were absent. Remote time, we concentrated all the power of Star Lance on Somers. The enemy vessel responded immediately. I had never seen a fire power so important previously. After several dodges, a shooting of Somers affected our vessel. This simple shot neutralized our main shield. However, it did not prevent us from keeping harassing Somers. After several salvoes, we reduced totally his main shield. As luckily, the Rheinland and the Zoners arrived at the same time. Very damaged, our remaining forces opened the fire against Somers to destroy him. But everything did not go according to plan. Somers activated its cloaking device. It wouldn’t have owed to be a problem, my cruiser being equipped with a cloak disruptor. But its system remained insensible in the cloak disruptor. It was a total surprise!

The disappeared ship, by leaving behind him an even bigger problem: a flotilla of little Nomads ships appeared. From now on, I was sure there. Navy planned this operation with Nomads. This day was the first time when I saw the direct collaboration between Navy and Nomads. Once these destroyed vessels, we jumped into the system Hudson. As I expected it it was a trap: Somers was with a whole fleet of cruisers and fighters Nomads there. My cruiser suffered of heavy damage from bombers and cruisers. However, the threat was reduced totally.

[Image: SPuFXmE.png]

We continued our doggedness on Somers. At least until that he calls for ultimate time the reinforcements, consisted of two battleships Nomads, of bombers by tens, and at least a Liberty fleet of cruisers and battlecruisers. However, and it was doubtless my most great surprise, two vessels of Navy arrived to assist us. Battleships Constitution and Arkansas. Somers tried to turn return them against us, by moving forward to eliminate «these Separatists ". This cry for help was very derisory and the vessels of Liberty stayed "from our side”. Somers decided to run away by activating its system of hyperspace. Curiously, this one took five minutes to bustle what, we thought, would leave some time to us to destroy him.

[Image: apTqsry.png]

However the Nomads battleships assured a wild protection to the Somers, and we lost at least more than half our fleet during this only commitment. The SNS-Bering, damaged, tried time good that badly to finish it, unsuccessfully. In one minute of the end, we thought that the battle was lost. Somers was only damaged, but its systems still were functional.
Somers activated its Jump Drive, and Jump Hole appeared in front of him! It jumped. With the rest of our fleet, we did the same. This time, we entered the mouth of wolf. We found ourselves in a totally unknown system. Nomads waited for us once again with dozens of bombers. With the rest of our strengths, only six or eight vessels we engaged. Jump Hole closed behind us, we were trapped. The despair and the anxiety began be felt. Maybe finally we fought something which overtook us? The SNS-Bering was severely damaged by several bombers. After several endless minutes, Nomads squadrons were destroyed.

[Image: 3klxpw9.png]

We found the Somers trapped and alone. Our strengths, in an ultimate attempt went to him to finish it with this madness. Somers began to be seriously damaged. We fired at point-blank range. And then I noticed something strange: Somers was evacuating its cargo. I immediately ordered to get back it as much as possible. I do not know if we had had an enormous luck but Somers tried last time to avoid by creating new Jump Hole in the direction of Hudson. We jumped with him. Forced, Somers eventually explodes finally. SNS-Bering returned tour Home, and is operational day. And the invaluable cargo from Somers, in security…

Entry 2 |06/14/825|: Meeting with a Navy pilot

[Image: 8eQsfzO.png]

Yesterday i've met in Texas system a Navy pilot near the Houston planet. Althought he would like to kill me at first, we have decided in a first time to discuss on our different points of view. The pilot, named, Barney Ross doesn't have really the profil of an infected. Maybe one reason i've decided to talk with him. It's clear this guy really don't know who we are, he never heard about a Nomad infection in Liberty. I tried to explain him, but he only understood that as rumors. I thought we still could open the eyes of some Navy pilots, but it's seems that's impossible. That's sad. They will die because they will not understand. Maybe i was an exception in the Navy finally?

Entry 3 |06/15/825|: 6th Liberty Navy Fleet Madness

[Image: KGxvxF6.png]

What a conversation I had yesterday! I wonder if I didn’t eat Cardamine just before. I did with my fighter a little patrol between Bering and Galileo. And when I was back in Bering, I’ve met a pilot from the 6th Liberty Fleet. I thought he will fight me like they do with the other Separatists. At my surprise, he didn’t, and was only here to ask me a question on my coming in the Separatists. I answered, but he didn't understand. The 6th Fleet didn’t change. They are still not able to understand the human language, not really particular as they are infected.

But I had a big joke. According to this pilot, for the ‘Admiral’ of the 6th Fleet I’m still a friend for him. Finally I wonder if it’s not in reality Blackburn who ate Cardamine. I am sure it is again madness. Blackburn is a fool infected, and only tries to disturb me in the way I leave the Separatists. How foolish… But what an act of despair from an infected!

Entry 4 |06/22/825|: Joining Harmony Battlegroup?

It now has been a while since I am in the Separatists. I would never regret having made this choice. Besides the friends, we fight for a noble cause, we feel useful. However I would again like to go farther. It has been one moment since I think of entering Harmony.

Certainly, Admiral Knight granted me to be in the Separatists and not in Harmony directly in the way to leave more freedom for my crew and to proof my determination. However I so wonder now it is well worth remaining independent. It is necessary to say that I have more the behavior of a member of Harmony than one Separatist.

I would there like very much becoming a member. But the question is will the High command of Battlegroup wants this? I showed several times my determination to want to support Battlegroup. But it is enough? It is necessary to say also that I am still the only one among everything the Separatists to remain independent. My friend, Amina Rodriguez commands his own group and nobody in the Separatists possesses a cruiser as well as a small flotilla of vessels.

I think I can be useful for Harmony. But do they completely trust me? After all, a few months ago still I fought for Navy. I think that the best thing to do is to speak about it to Admiral Knight personally. We shall see well. And then at worst, I would remain a Separatist!

Entry 5 |07/03/825|: Deserter and Navy defeat

I have already had strange meetings but this one overtakes no more and no less the understanding. Yesterday, in the system Bering, in the neighborhood of 18 UTC a battleship of Liberty penetrated until the complex of Bristol. I was then alone in the zone, the battlecruiser Ghost from SSRT being a little farther around the Marshall. The battleship in question was the Arizona, a name which reminded me at first the Nomads War, before I remember this ship already came in Bering a few weeks before. The last time, it was to speak to Admiral Knight but we had chased away it outside of the system. Once again, it appeared to negotiate with us.

It is true that I do not like too much to speak with Navy, which most of the time are beings under the yoke of Nomads, that they are aware of it or not. Hesitating to order the pure and simple destruction of the battleship, I asked at first for what he wanted. At the same time, Ghost arrived and was as restless as my cruiser. Arizona mentioned that it had been attacked in the system Alaska by cruisers Nomads and that now it would want to join our ranks. We all believed in a real hallucination. A battleship of Navy appearing in front of us, aspiring that it was lain in ambush by Nomads would want fights with us? I have to say that I rarely heard something so stupid It’s pretty sure he doesn’t know whom we are.

With the Ghost we closed the zone leading to Bristol in front of such an affair. The captain of the enemy vessel seemed completely disorientated. He looked like more a child who cries because he lost several hundred crew members that to a real officer. That it is sad … Navy commits now children to fight us … Pathetic. Finally this conversation in front of such a person annoyed me. However I also thought that we had the opportunity to seize the vessel and kill these incapable members of the Navy. The New Jersey of Captain Hunter arrived and joined the conversation.

But obviously, we do not make omelet without breaking eggs and a bomber of Navy which had probably followed the track of Arizona came on scene. He did not a lot of time put understanding the situation and refusing to leave we opened the fire. To destroy him more quickly I docked my cruiser to Freeport and took my anti-snub Gunboat. The bomber suffered important damage and ran away. However a pilot LSF arrived as additional help. This pilot was completely flower, and a simple salvo of my missiles has been enough to send him to hell. We laughed well further to that. A few minutes later, Navy had assembled a fleet and penetrated into Bering. Arizona was forced to return in Liberty. I jumped into my cruiser and the battle began. The battlecruiser Avoca was the first one to discover the specter of the death. Came the turn of the other cruiser of Liberty. The rest of our fleet arrived, with Harmony, Discovery, cruiser Tallahasse and the SSRT commander. The last vessel of Navy, LNS-Iowa, exploded a short time later. The vessel of Amina has been destroyed but we got back its escape pod. Ghost is seriously damaged but it’ll be repair soon.

That's it for now, even if it was funny it was all the same strange all this.

Entry 6 |07/26/825|: Commander in Harmony Battlegroup

Finally! Here I am finally accepted within Battlegroup Harmony. The office of Admiral Knight gave a positive answer yesterday. Now I am catapulted into the front of the scene with the rank of Commander.

It was a charged enough day. It has needed to move my districts to Marshall Station; to acquaint with superior and more restrictive levels in the High command on the base; appear at the Commodore Linford. Of course it was also necessary to acquaint with my new functions and so in detail with the very worrisome situation of Bering.

Now it is necessary to set to work. Grave things are about to occur. Let us show ourselves to the height.

Entry 7 |08/29/825|: A strange meeting

Lately I am on all the fronts and in every sense of the word moreover. It had been one moment since I had gone in Omicrons, and in particular in Minor. I spent a little of my time to return to it. I believe that I did not go any more since our first expedition within the Omicrons there now about four months ago.

There is recently a new Junker outpost within Minor. This base could have a potential for our future forces in the Omicrons. So I decided to seethe progress made. I was about to dock on the base, when a vessel approached and mentioned “Separatists” name.

Completely surprised by the message from the unknown vessel, I stayed on my guard. I asked for the identity of the vessel. It was on the limit of my scanner range, also I could not distinguish it. It has proved that the pilot was only other than Fina Smith, one of the first Separatists pilot I met. She had suddenly disappeared several months previously after a battle against Navy. I have to say that I did not really believe in it at the beginning.

She belongs to the Order now. This idea reassured me hardly. For me, the Order was no more than a corrupted organization by the madness of a man called Golanski. But I was not at the end of my surprises. Fina revealed to me that she belonged to a new organization within The Order, which focuses only on the Nomads and infected. It drew of course my attention. Unfortunately I was not able to stay longer. The time did that Bering needed me. After a fast inspection of Tarancon, I returned at my home, in Bering.

However, it would seem that the fate does things right. By arriving in Bering, near Freeport I’ve met once again the Order. The pilot was speaking with the Captain... Admiral Linford. It seemed that it is about a branch of research for the Order, which would want to make business with us. What a surprise! I took advantage of the event to ask what is this new Order I discovered in Minor.

"Legacy of Orillion"…A revealing name. I owe to know more about it.

Entry 8 |09/21/825|: We love to trap someone

Huh by where to begin?

Bering does not miss surprises and sometimes bad. I had certain disgust to make an old meet.

A person named Shadowwalker appeared at me a few days before within Bering. At the beginning this name was totally unknown to me, almost dark. But it was before he reveals me that he was the captain of the MNS-SHADOW.

One very bad memory this vessel … I already saw it only one or two times at the moment. It was during my first expedition in the Omicrons, in Delta more exactly. This Outcast battleship had welcomed us not with flowers but with mortars. However the fate in was right of this terrible battle.

Since then, he showed a very big sympathy to Nomads. To find him in Bering is not a very good sign. Especially as I noted several times that he has certain sympathy to the Union also.

From there came to me then an idea. The one to destabilize the Union by trying to collect proofs and if there is some cooperation between Outcast and themselves. A mutual help between one infected and the Union will make a total discord in the diplomatic relations of Unioners.

It was necessary to me to collect sufficient proofs and it not my not been very difficult to convince Hackers to join a joint investigation... I scanned at first the vessel of this Outcast, and found a Nomad artifact. Then I manipulated a Unioner pilot by pleading to be for the peace so that he spits the piece. Even there that worked.

Finally … I spoke directly to this Shadowwalker. He revealed me all his small relations to the Nomads without any restraint. Which ease. Now it's time to put the disorder. Even more.

Entry 9 |09/30/825|: Marshall NEMPed

Many things happened in only one week. I’m some free time right now, so I can write some of my thinkings.

First, we had the Unioners revenge. My predictions were finally not so wrong, no? The last week they attacked Marshall with a NEMP. I was on the station when the strike happened, during a meeting with Admiral Linford.

Suddenly, the red alert sounded. The Admiral asked me then to defend the base, and that she will join me shortly. I only had the time to leave the room before the shockwave shaken the station. The lights switch off and many explosions destroyed several sections. I, of course immediately understood what was happening.

I said at Jade: “They did it the fools! Too bad we haven’t could stop it.”

Jade answered me with a deep voice: “Go on Commander. Defend the station. I take care of the rest here”

I went join my crew who waited me on my cruiser, fortunately. Once inside, all were more or less shocked. But we didn’t have the time. The Unioners already have taken the retreat. I finally returned on Marshall. During this time my cruiser and our forces were protecting the station. I had to help the wounded. In several sections, that was the chaos. The dead were everywhere. I found the Admiral in one of the sections damaged and with radiations.

She was doing a brief report of the status and helping some wounded. It had been several hours now, and we were exhausted. Nevertheless, our forces were positioned in defense and another attack was less likely.

I went to Jade. She looked at me with a singular face, but her moral haven’t changed. She told me thatr Admiral Knight was in security and that my cruiser and the Discovery had to move to the Freeport in order to defend the area.

What a hell.

Hundreds of wounded, and dozens of dead. I had expected it ever since the Legion bombed Pacifica. Marshall is only partially operational and without real protection. If another NEMP touches the base, that will be the end.

Entry 10 |10/01/825|: Total War

Since the Unioners attacked Marshall with a NEMP, I have to say I never seen such a bloody war.
The Unioners attack our forces without any break. But each time they suffer great loss and sometimes they lose or retreat immediately.

Our forces are maybe less than their, but we are more powerful. But I wonder if we are really prepared for a total war. Admiral Linford is really determined; but maybe is that a blindness? Our transports have difficulties to supply our first lines.

The Admiral told me that she is doing negotiations with Rheinland in order to get help, and resources. If this operation is a success this would mean the war can be won.

According to the situation, no one is going to win the war actually. Even if Marshall is damaged, our forces are still operational but it seems the Unioners are able to bring many reinforcements from all over their positions in Rheinland.

Let’s see. It’s again too early to make any conclusions.

Pages: 1 2