Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Model replacement vote [Falchion/Kingfisher]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The model has been pushed to git and is ready to be deployed in the next patch. As an aside, it came to my attention while implementing the model that it had no hitbox, only a shield bubble! I've created a tight, form fitting hitbox for the mesh that Kuze should probably show up to claim if he's reading this.

The model did need to be upscaled slightly, by 20% to be exact. Below is a size comparison with Frozen's Falchion model currently ingame.

[Image: 0uSdCX7.png]

The model is longer but slimmer than the current one ingame, and stats will remain unchanged for the initial implementation pending live testing. The ship will deploy with three extra light hardpoints and two extra contrails. Anyone who wants these on their existing Falchion will need to repurchase the ship.
The ship does not have a cruise disrputor even though it should? Otherwise it is really good.
The hitbox is pinpoint accurate, great job .
(06-25-2018, 10:29 AM)TheBadPandaMan Wrote: [ -> ]The ship does not have a cruise disrputor even though it should? Otherwise it is really good.

This was fixed, but it turns out the hardpoint is broken and faces upwards. That'll be corrected next patch, at least it's functional.

As for the hitbox, well, yeah. Turns out hitboxes are actually really easy to make, I've done a bunch of them recently.
Oh what a surprise it was yesterday, when after a long while I updated the mod and discovered two of my ships ingame.
Also sorry for the lack of any response. I was reading the forums recently, and thus unaware of this discussion. I am glad my ships made it ingame. Feel free to ask me anything regarding the meshes. It is stated in the pack readme, that I do not want any mesh related changes, however exceptions are possible if they will be Disco exclusive.

BTW here are my two 3D site accounts: (not every ship from my latest pack is present on those accounts)
p3d account
Sketchfab account
(06-29-2018, 09:25 AM)Kuze Wrote: [ -> ]Oh what a surprise it was yesterday, when after a long while I updated the mod and discovered two of my ships ingame.
Also sorry for the lack of any response. I was reading the forums recently, and thus unaware of this discussion. I am glad my ships made it ingame. Feel free to ask me anything regarding the meshes. It is stated in the pack readme, that I do not want any mesh related changes, however exceptions are possible if they will be Disco exclusive.

BTW here are my two 3D site accounts: (not every ship from my latest pack is present on those accounts)
p3d account
Sketchfab account

: All my meshes in my latest Legacy Mesh Pack are without surs and other Fl modding additions. I lack the knowhow to make surs (I shall learn it). Feel free to apply any fitting hitbox the ship needs.

Ps: sorry for the double post, please remove the previous shorter one
Whoa...

That Sovereign I Clipper, though. Not sure if the wooden flight decks fit for Freelancer, but the rest of the ship is pretty snazzy! I like it!

The Macune Freighter has an interesting skin and Kusari-like fins. It would be neat to see what that texture and similar fins attached to a Falcon (Perhaps shave off the top fin and replace it with your own style of fin?).

As a final note, one of my earlier comments suggested that we also replace the Broadsword Bomber, which was similar in appearance to the Falchion.

Assuming 's Scimitar model, which has replaced the Falchion, were to receive an altered model for use as a bomber.. What might that look like?
Add in the Serpent as the Xeno VHF.
Si. Concordo com Lukas.
(06-29-2018, 02:38 PM)Krsnik Wrote: [ -> ]Add in the Serpent as the Xeno VHF.
I disagree.
Not nearly enough duct tape.

Edit: The darker theme kind of fits the Coalition, in my mind. Otherwise, it'd make a good generic fighter, can never have enough of those.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6