Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CIV II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Civ 2 more complex/difficult than civ 4?

Singleplayer only I mean

I heard about that dude Lycerius's 11 year long game so yeah
Its not, actually,

4 is thought by many to be the height of the game, and it has, just by the extra sophistication available to the later coders, more depth. I'd recommend both games, if you can stomach the older graphics.

The 11 year war is a result of the AI being more simple, and no one having thought to code in war exhaustion.
(06-15-2018, 11:03 PM)Unseelie Wrote: [ -> ]war exhaustion.

<insert Europa Universalis joke here>

Also, yeah, AI gets crazy econ bonuses across all Civ games. However bad you're hurting, the AI can just laugh and literally use AI fiat to get shinies. Also, it knows where you are and what resources are in that tile millennia before anyone should even have the tools to see what's there.
civ5 best civ
civ5 lacks the throne room or palace construction. Not cool.
Civ 2 is preaty easy to get familiar , tutorials are well done , AI is very good and ministers are hilarius .
Once you get republic , trade and sanitation ,it is quite easy to level up your cities to maximum number of population in 20 or so turns by shifting all (or most) taxes to luxury .