Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Council | From: Octavarium Intelligence Commission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Victor-Delacroix.png]

Identification: Minister Victor Delacroix
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Le Conseil Gaulois de Liberté et d'Unité Nationale

Subject: Maintenance Lessons
Encryption: Oui

Bonjour.

Over the last two weeks, the Octavarium Mercantile Guild has been running supplies to Champagne at a steady pace, which I expect will continue as long as the payouts do. They are, after all, merchants.

However, your technicians have occasionally had some difficulty repairing more... exotic damage that our ships occasionally take enroute from stray mines and other local regional hazards. With that in mind, I would like to send a team of technicians to a base of your choice, to be trained in maintenance of open-market Gallic ships. These are competent men, but certain parts of Gallic ships, particularly their power systems, are very different from what they are accustomed to. If you like, they can do a full maintenance pass on any Sirian ships you're making use of.

I'm not too concerned about sourcing the ships; between anti-Royalist sympathizers and various freeports in the region, I'm confident we can find what we need. We just need to make sure we can keep them running.

Oh, and while I am sending this from a Commission office, the technicians will all be Aquila Defense Systems personnel, not intelligence operatives. Minister Kane would have sent this, but he's handling other recent matters.

Minister Victor Delacroix
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

[ Resending Transmission ]

Initialisation...

Intensité du signal: 100%
Encodage: __________ PLUS FORT

Source: ________ Marne, Champagne
Expéditeur: ____ Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil ___ [C]
Destinataire(s): Minister Victor Delacroix ____________ NO-

Sujet: _________ Re: Maintenance Lessons

Transmission entrée...

Minister Delacroix,

Accept my sincere apologies for the late response. The occasional radio silence periods et other security measures tend to force us staying low et quiet from time to time. However, for now it seems it's safe to exchange words.

Of course we have no issue with exchange of technical information et knowledge about widely accessible civilian technology. I do remember having good partnership with the ADS in the past, several years ago, either way.

On the other hand we've recently returned to using some Sirian snubcrafts, namely the Waran et the Raven's Talon, regarding which some refreshment of technical knowledge for our technicians would definitely be useful. Oh, et I recall Premier Maître Croix showing some interest in the Serenity-class transports as well.

The technicians of the Aquila Defense Systems are welcome at Châlons-en-Champagne Station at any time convenient for their arrival.

Sincèrement,
Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil
Général en Chef Du Conseil

Piéce(s) jointe(s):
N/A

[Image: aYg3Fq0.png]
[Image: Johnathan-Jones.png]

Jones here. Minister Delacroix let me into the channel. No worries about the delay, things happen during wars.

Alice Whittington, one of my transport captains, just radioed to let me know our techs arrived at Chalons.

Attachment found: Open in external viewer?

We sent the Wollongong, since it was available and lets our technicians provide hands-on instruction for maintenance, operation, and modification of Serenity-class medium transports. They're also fully trained in maintenance of Raven's Talons and Warans, and several common variants including our own R-9W Raven and R-13B Rook. Most of them also have experience with CTE-series craft, the IDC models - y'know, the Sunrider and Sunburst - Marauders, Jackdaws, and Camaras. Should give you a solid foundation for handling Sirian civilian craft.

We also brought a shipment of guns, as a small bonus.

Message ends.
[Image: Johnathan-Jones.png]

Jones here. My crew just got back.

Truth be told, I don't think the full two week course was strictly needed for Sirian craft. They tell me they went into extra detail on some specialized refitting, stuff we don't usually need to do but you might have use for. Your people are already competent, and Sirian open-market tech has been constantly getting easier to maintain - shipyards get pushed for more standardization, more simplification, so their biggest clients don't have to sink as much money into upkeep.

Occasionally all that damn number-chasing works out for us.

The team's got a lot of ideas for things to do with these Gallic ships, too - they get like that whenever they get something new to fiddle with. Bit premature, we haven't picked any up yet, but I'm not gonna dampen their enthusiasm. Should be interesting to see what they can do.

We'll be in touch. Let us know if you end up with any special orders you need filled.

Message ends.