Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Increase weapon projectile speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fighter battles take a long time. Mainly because you miss a lot when the opposing player goes into dodge mode.

What if you increased all fighter weapons projectile speed by 1/3. Essentially codenames that fire at 600 speed would now fire at 800 speed and buchshots that fire at 750 speed would now fire at 1000 speed. Leave the supernova and minirazor as is.

Not sure that this would have a drastically significant effect, but might shorten the battles.

Just a thought.
Considering how bad my aim is in fighters, I approve of this request =P

Why would you want to shorten battles...
' Wrote:Why would you want to shorten battles...

because I'm tired of capship battles lasting 30 seconds and fighter battles lasting 30 minutes.

Seriously, our junker vs hogosha battle a few weeks ago (All fighters/bombers) lasted over an hour and a half before we finally gave up.

Fighter combat is not worth the carpal tunnel.
30 min? the're are alot longer ones.
just today, a event took from 22.30 gmt+1 till 00:00 gmt+1
and it took this long, cause of some shield running (im not complaining)
and i like long fights. even tho i swear on skype whahah

but still, i dont agree.
want less long fights? die quiker or kill quiker:crazy:

EDIT: ah my time was wrong it was 21.30 gmt+1 -> 00.00 gmt+1, so that makes it an event that should take like 1 hour normaly to 2.30 hours.
' Wrote:Fighter combat is not worth the carpal tunnel.
/signed!:lol:
I would say no. It is fine as it is.
Want faster fights, get a bomber with a Nova or dual nova and kill all the party at once:P
Its just cause you can't aim...thats all

speeds are fine the way they are.

ed: let me add something constructive to the discussion, if you target going doge mode then watch for patterns, find the repetitive moments and exploit the predicted course.
' Wrote:Its just cause you can't aim...thats all
That's not necessarily the case: Some fighters thrust away from you when their shields are down, making it damn near impossible to actually hit them.

That being said, I think weapon speeds should stay the same.
Pages: 1 2 3