Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unexpected Interruption to Regular Disco-ing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening, bonsoir and こんばんは!

The past 2 weeks for me have been laden with vertigo and morning nausea, and perhaps a few of you will remember me dozing off on you while chatting on Discord. I used to be able to stay up and fly/chat with you until the sun rose on my side of the world, but alas, complications have arisen. I just got back from the clinic earlier today, and where I was expecting anti-nausea medication, I got other news:

I'm 4 weeks pregnant!

It's true! And while I still intend to be very much around on Discovery (sadly, a stoppage of daily wine is now in force), I am sure it will be cut somewhat due to necessity. With the newly acquired knowledge that a little me is en route, and a wedding in 3 weeks (Bachelorette no more! Except on Wednesdays with the girls!), I will have to make some changes to my schedule. This will affect the TLC I give my characters on the server. I'm afraid I can't focus on them all, and am really keen on focusing on Gallia and Kusari RP (and the Core as soon as my schedule pans out because you guys are nice people and I want to tech-write on Disco!). My mind will also be preoccupied with many other less important iRL things, so I'll have to choose which of my gals to focus on now.

TL;DR, I will be focusing my attention on my Kusari and Gallic characters (Gallic Lawfuls+Unlawfuls + Samura). (hope your house turned out well!) and , let's get to work on PROJECT HADRIAN soon, but after that I'll have to put Molitor's char dev on hold. Junker girl will still be around, but mainly for meme-y ways of making money. And sadly, I'll have to press pause on my Farmers' Alliance pilot atm (/retconn altogether if I really can't manage) because I can't take that kind of load right now.

Hope this doesn't really mess up anyone's plans, and if it does I apologize. I'm getting married and now have a little partner to take care of, so there's a lot on my plate atm. Hopefully you'll understand. cx

xoxo,

Bordealauxree

I wish you all the best!
xoxo
Oh dear. Let's hope the kid doesn't get those wishes like..

"Mom, we should totally buy that Hegemon. It's cute!"

Congrats!

<3
Congrats on the wedding and your incoming child Big Grin

Wish you all the best, Bordel :3
You're going to be a wonderful Mother. Congratulations again.
Enjoy this wonderful new phase of your life. All the best.
I may consent to partially relieving you of your many duties and responsibilities to the Couronne in light of this. Temporarily.

Again, my congratulations. I know you're going to steep your kiddo in CORE GALLIC VALUES impossibly early and that makes me giddy.

Take good care. <3
I don’t know you, but congrats on the young spawn of a future disco pilot,

make sure he/she learns the rules of your server, but I'm sure he/she will try to change your ini files without you knowing (sanction messages applied will have no response, they will only log back in when not expected)

As a father myself, I know how things will be (not joking, I really am, actually, I'm also a grandfather, yeah I'm old…ish)

Words of advice

Your young spawn will try to lag as many times as he/she can with anything you try to do, be it logging off for the night or starting again in the morning, and at random times, there will be a spike of speed, sometimes fast and sometimes slow

he/she will try to reboot you anytime he/she wants to, even if you think you have no bandwidth left, he/she will use that up and demand more (might be a good option to transfer bandwidth allowance from 2nd server. Log into hubby 1.0 and download ASAP)

From now on, you will be unable to shut down when you want, unable to end process said spawn.exe, you won’t be able to alt tab either, as it will crash your server as of course it will do

Good luck

(After creating 2 of spawns.exe myself, and now have 3 grandspawns.xml files, I know what I'm talking about)
Merci chéris!

He/she will start with a Junker Salvager and learn to love it for the beautiful ship that it is.

Hey, you recover faster!

But until mon petit trésor arrives, it will be a case of INTERNAL GALLIC POWER. <3

Pleasure to meet you, and GREAT ADVICE. CX Restricted access for any and all instances of spawn.exe with administrators' authorization required, and only Lawful ID's until further notice. Installation language set to FRENCH for MAXIMAL GALLIC POWER.