Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Adm. V. Knight | CC: Cpt. Jade Linford, Cpt. Allison Hunter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- -- -{ Transmission Initiated }- -- -

[Image: rRpPWuJ.jpg]

[Comm-ID]: Samuel Locklear, Lord Commander, Hellfire Legion
[Recipient-ID]: Victoria Knight, Admiral, Battlegroup Harmony
[Location]: Monterrey Base, Vespucci System, Commonwealth Space

[Priority]: Maximum
[Encryption]: Heavy

A week ago a chain of events was set in motion that resulted in the crippling of a Legion warship, my third near death experience, and the arrival of both myself and the Last Sunrise at your Marshall station in Bering. While it was our common enemy in the Republic that dealt the near fatal blow, they would not have been able to without the help of Professor Vladimir Scorpius of the Lane Hackers, and assistance from the Unioners. At 1500 hours Guadalajara time seven days ago, a combined Lane Hacker and Unioner force fired upon myself and a Xeno pilot, Donald Jackson, with intent to kill. The engagement occurred while we were under the protection of Captain Jade Linford, to whom I owe my life. They disobeyed a direct order from a command level officer to safe their weapons in Harmony space, and a nova torpedo breached my hull resulting in severe third and fourth degree burns to my right arm and shoulder. The Last Sunrise appeared on scene in Texas to retrieve my pod after the combined Unioner / Lane Hacker force was routed. It was then that I requested a meeting with Captain Linford despite my condition, and en route to meet we came under fire from multiple Republic forces which crippled the Sunrise and caused a brain bleed. It's only thanks to the good men and women under your command that I'm alive to speak to you today.

In light of these developments I am requesting a deeper level of cooperation between our two militaries and an inquiry on how you intend to deal with your would be allies. The Legion recognizes your claims to Bering, yet it is clear that they do not. When we met several months ago I was intent on uprooting you from Bering and giving you a home in Commonwealth space. I see now that was a mistake, and the Commonwealth has granted me full autonomy in handling the Bering dilemma. In my eyes the situation is rather clear: Pacifica and the Tanner Belt should belong to you. In return, the Legion is willing to offer equal production capacity to the Unioner's shipbuilding facilities until your own can match or exceed that level of output. We are open to sharing technology, supplies, and granting you docking rights on Legion facilities, in exchange to operate freely in Bering, or better yet, operating with you to bring the region under the control of a lawful force. In short, Admiral Knight, anything the Unioners can do, we can do better. Our vessels, including capital ships, would maintain a radius of ten kilometers around Harmony's installations in the region unless instructed otherwise.

I understand that the Lane Hackers present a greater challenge as they are non localized and provide a much different service to you than the Unioners, one which the Legion as a blunt instrument has never been quite as capable of matching. While we possess dated Spyglass networks of our own, they do not provide the same fidelity readings as those maintained by the Lane Hackers. None the less, it is clear that their own professorship has no interest in maintaining a stable relationship with, nor respecting your sovereignty of Harmony in the Bering system. To this end I'm requesting to be brought into the loop on the current situation regarding continued relations with them post 15/6. As much as I'm personally invested in bringing that son of a bitch Vladimir to his knees, the Lane Hackers don't represent as great an immediate tactical threat as the Unioners do. The most I'll request in this regard is that you order them to stay the hell out of Bering until we have our way with Pacifica. Captains Linford and Hunter, I urge you to corroborate my statements, the information attached herein, and to support a future where you cooperate with a force for the future of a better Liberty, not those of simple highwaymen and rebels without causes.

Attached files: [1], [2]

Libera te ex Infernis
Samuel Locklear
Hellfire Legion

- -- -{ Transmission Terminated }- -- -
Incoming Transmission
[Image: jSsxCam.png]
[Image: DbaoCe1.png]

ID: Admiral Victoria Knight
Subject: Westphalia Depot

Loading Message
[Image: 8dsD8NP.png]

Lord Commander,

it appears that Captain Linford has already handled the situation. While it is regrettable that your attackers ignored our authority within Bering it's something that is not to be seen as a surprise considering the Hackers are not used to being forced to follow laws. Meanwhile the Unioners regret losing their sole control about the area.
The Hackers are a close and useful ally that we owe our survival to. They support our struggle so they will understand to follow regulations within our space.
Problematic are only the Unioners. Recent shifts in their leadership make estimating their next move difficult. We're convinced our defenses will deter any outright attack.

And while I appreciate your offer of support it is no simple matter. I have to consider this with my command staff which would not be an issue if not a huge part of our fleet was currently engaged in active combat within New Hampshire. The Navy has an unexpectedly huge presence within the system as of late. Such a threat cannot be ignored and until we've secured the New Hampshire area I am afraid that I cannot risk any incident by taking your direct support.

Admiral Knight out.

[Image: so2aLXO.png]
Transmission Ends

Legion Command recently became aware of the New Hampshire facility as well. In the interest of furthering trust and cooperation and I would be willing to redeploy heavy capital assets for a joint strike on the installation. Understand that I do not make this offer lightly; New Hampshire is a distant place for us, and while any blow against the Republic is a blow, their presence does not constitute a major threat to the Legion. If in removing it, however, your fleet can be retasked to locking down Bering, then I believe it's a leap worth taking. I can have the Last Sunrise deployed to obtain hyperspace coordinates for the Pandion, our jumpship. I believe Fleet Captain Heartwood would welcome the chance to work with your people again.

Once the coordinates are obtained we can work on formulating a strike package at a time of your choosing. Ideally we handle this quickly and cleanly, as we lack the logistics to sustain a taskforce in the region for more than a few days. The less time is spent on a protracted siege, the better I can justify my position to the Commonwealth and my subordinates. Ironically, this would not be a problem if we still had access to Pacifica, where we stationed our Taskforce Gladius on the Rheinland front seven years ago. At best estimate I believe I can spare six warships, if you'll have them at your side. Even if this wouldn't be a great victory for the Legion, I look forward to fighting side by side with you on the field, Admiral Knight. I just hope you're seeing this the same way that I am, and that I'm doing the right thing in going forward with this.

Libera te ex Infernis
Samuel Locklear
Hellfire Legion

Incoming Transmission

Loading Message

Lord Commander,

you assessed the situation correctly. Once New Hampshire is less of a danger to our operations, we'll return our focus onto the more immediate area. Taking control over anymore systems is an impossible task if our base of operations is in danger.

So if you really wish to spare the resources, I think a surprise attack onto the Navy in New Hampshire would bring their operations to an immediate halt. Their installation is currently being built close to Planet Laconia. Our current suspicions are that they prepare to fortify the Rheinland border. If to attack or to defend is not clear yet. Losing men is nothing they avoid anymore so I wouldn't rule out a foolish move such as rekindling the war.

I suggest to coordinate the attack on scene. There is many hidden pockets within the Bethlehem Cloud. A scout will lead you to the command ship once you arrive.

Admiral Knight out.

Transmission Ends

The Last Sunrise is still undergoing final preflight checks following its repairs from the damage sustained in Texas. While I cannot give you an exact time at present, she should be on scene within 24 hours to obtain jump coordinates. In our last foray to Bering we observed a sizable fleet of logistics vessels. If these could be retasked to fuel the Sunrise's survey module it would greatly streamline the process. As I have mentioned before, extending our logistical network so far out is difficult and dangerous, so any assistance you could offer in that regard would be greatly appreciated. I'll be waiting aboard the Pandion for the green light, and will jump our taskforce in and commence our assault when the time comes.

Libera te ex Infernis
Samuel Locklear
Hellfire Legion

Incoming Transmission

Loading Message

Lord Commander,

supplying you with some fuel should not be an issue especially if we can both benefit from these coordinates.

The route through Puerto Rico is clear so our logistics vessels shouldn't encounter any issues.

Admiral Knight out.

Transmission Ends

We're green to deliver our half of the package. I'd like to request you have both Marshall and Bristol on standby to receive casualties. Libera te ex Infernis, Admiral Knight.

Samuel Locklear
Hellfire Legion

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Bering situation

Loading Message

Lord Commander,

it might possibly be time. Recently our relations toward the current leadership of the Unioners seems to be escalating. Over something as little as a trade deal at that.

Still, considering our position and the environment we are in, we're well aware that we cannot back down from something like this.

While I am confident that our forces are strong enough to deal with their Bering based forces, we're aware that they're spread out all over Rheinland.

We wouldn't want possible reinforcements to be our end. I do not ask you to act yet, despite having seen the quick actions within New Hampshire.

I would like to merely inquire about possible support should we require such.

Admiral Knight out.

Transmission Ends

As per request through other channels our forces coordinated with and deployed to Bering, striking Pacifica with a NEMP warhead. As we've been unable to capitalize on the success of the launch or even assess the extent of the damage done to the Unioners, we feel the ball is in your court as to how you want to proceed. Earlier in this channel I offered several suggestions for mutual cooperation, including access to Legion facilities for repair, resupply, and as staging points for operations deeper in Republic space. If our operations in the Tanner Belt are to continue, docking rights for our own ships would be invaluable, and as I already stated we'd be happy to return the favor.

Samuel Locklear
Hellfire Legion

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Bering situation

Loading Message

Lord Commander,

considering the dire situation I will have to accept the offer of supplies and repairs outside of Bering in case of an emergency.

Retrofitting some of the more... adventurous experiments of Unioner technology especially on the Harmony herself would be appreciated.

We are currently still solving a few issues with allies and potential ones but would appreciate the support against the Unioners.

Losing Bering and our installations in the area would be a huge blow for both our resources and morale.

But I do not expect to lose them especially with your support.

While the exact history of what happened between the Legion and the Lane Hackers is unknown to me, I know their mistrust is great.

Please leave their vessels alone within the territory we managed to conquer. The Junkers are also under protection in the area.

In short, we will respect your regulations within Vespucci and Kansas if you can respect ours.

Once this situation is handled we can manage your vessels from Marshall Station. It should make the perfect location to launch from.

Supplies will be much appreciated as will be combatants. The Unioners seem to draw on their own forces mostly so we anticipate no intereference.

Admiral Knight out.

Transmission Ends