Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Amalfi Directorate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: sj6TZKs.png]

COMM-ID: Ryan Walthers
TARGET-ID: Amalfi Directorate

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Hello whomever receives this,

I'm Ryan Walthers, an associate to a Family of Malta and in every way a general friend to the Outcasts. Though I do have to admit that I'm a bit of a fresh arrival. I was well aware of the National Council even before coming to Malta, but your particular group has eluded me, I hope I don't come across as presumptuous because I'm merely curious. Exactly what is the Directorate? Besides a Maltese entity that is, additionally if you could tell me what your current endeavors are and how I might be able to help you, I'd be more than willing to chip in where possible.

If there's anything you feel we should discuss before moving on, I'd be happy to clarify it for you. Until then, goodbye.

Ryan Walthers

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

[Image: X5aCU18.png]

--Incoming feed--
--Parsing data and matching encryption cipher--
--Cipher Approved--

Signore Walthers,

Fret not as to the perceived pretentiousness of your query signore; I can only trust you act in good faith and personal or professional curiosity. In fact, it has sparked less indigence, and more of my own curiosity than anything else. Reason being is that I've had a very similar conversation with members of your parent organization none too recently responding to the same fielded question as to Amalfi's exact nature, which leaves me to wonder just how little of this information is deliberated within the National Council. Musings for another time perhaps.

I'll spare you the concern of leafing through the above attached missive for your answer and offer you the respect of answering regardless: Amalfi is a remnant of some of the old Cross's memberbase - a name taken from a location of personal unity amongst our member-families -, and represents many of the disparaged or overlooked families formerly flying the red and white of the Church of Tarxien. Having shed the yoke of the Church, our famiglias formed our own political alliance separate from the cloistered bureaucracy of the Nationals, and the conniving heresiarchs of the old Cross. That alliance, now known as the Amalfi Union, needed a means to exert their efforts into space-bourne operations and formulated the Amalfi Directorate as a military-intelligence organization to guide our ships and enforce Maltese power projection where necessary outside of Malta herself. Myself and mia sorella Union Designate Desdemona Varela lead the Directorate and the Union respectively as the voices and faces for many of the cast aside and oft-forgotten famiglia of Malta, choosing to let our voices be heard rather than fall to the wayside as they would otherwise alone or suppressed.

As to our current endeavors: given the clandestine nature of many of Amalfi's operations throughout Sirius, I'll be refraining from sharing much information beyond the fact that they are in the best interests of Malta, of that you can be assured. I'll ask that you forgive my obfuscation but frankly: I know little of you specifically, and clandestine operations cease being clandestine if they're touted regularly to anyone that asks. I'm sure you understand.

Finally, in regards to your offer to extend aid: at present, there is little that I can send your way in terms of work, though this may be subject to change in the coming weeks. If this is truly something you wish for, I'll keep an eye out but I cannot make any solid guarantees; the nature of how we operate dictates a careful hold on information. As the simplistic but still accurate ancient saying goes: "loose lips sink ships" - once more, I'm sure you can understand.

Should you have any further questions, I'd be happy to oblige but do be aware: I have a busy schedule and my efforts require my attention be directed many places at once, so I ask that you do forgive any delays. Until next we speak, I bid you well mio amico.

--Amalfi Direttore
Paulo Varela

[Image: sj6TZKs.png]

COMM-ID: Ryan Walthers
TARGET-ID: Amalfi Directorate

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Mister Varela,

I never like to waste anyone's time, I think you've cleared up any clouds of doubt I might have had about the Directorate before sending this communication your way. Having said this, I would appreciate if you could keep your eyes open for areas where I can be of assistance to you, as a fresh arrival to Malta, there's never enough that I can do to continue proving that I'm worth my place here.

Having served on active front-lines, as well as being acquainted with investigative duties, there exist key areas where I could be of use to both you and Malta in general. Should you need an independent set of eyes or another load of guns among your wings, please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you for your time.

Ryan Walthers

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

[Image: X5aCU18.png]

--Incoming feed--
--Parsing data and matching encryption cipher--
--Cipher Approved--

Signore Walthers,

At present it looks like we may have a more public-sector leaning project on the horizon that may be something we can key you into but as it stands, we're not prepared to even begin thinking about contractors. When the time comes, you'll be alerted but as I've stated, it's a ways off. Until such a time comes, I bid you addio, signore.

--Amalfi Direttore
Paulo Varela