Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sci-Data killing the economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(06-25-2018, 03:39 PM)Sicicega Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:31 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:26 PM)Sicicega Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:22 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]It is not like scidata is a method for everyone to make money on a daily bases. It is an ocassional thing that most people can't rely on. Those who haul need money in that very Moment or they save up for something bigger. You can't just Expect an event to occur every day to supply you with money, and certainly I doubt that there is anyone who does that.

So saying that factions will die because of this is just overly Dramatic and unrealistic. The amount of money gained from a week of events ( lets say 1 event per week even though that is not even the case I think) and the money gained from hauling in that time can differ. On the long run only relying on data when you need money is just silly.

Now what do I do? Spend 1 hours once a week or trade dring ore like crazy for days for the same amount of money? It is objectively imbalanced, but if you don't have problems with it, it's fine.

You spend the hour online to be one of 30 people Spamming the tractorbeam to maybe get what I worked for. This is like gambling basically, isn't it? You have the Chance to make a Ton of credits with no effort, or you get nothing at all. Or you work hard and spend time earning your credits, which you will receice 100% of the time.

Fisrt of all, easy for numbers (30), second of all, I always left from those events with full cargo somehow. I visited like 3 or 4 events in general.

You can't take yourself as a single individual to show how imbalanced the System is. Very few people get stuff in these events, and those are lucky. I do get what you are saying, and I would agree if more people could make money like that while others can't, but with the 'low' amount of data on the server compared to the people who play the game or Participate in the events I think it is fair to say that Data is the smallest Problem of the economy. They Cost 5mil a unit, and it is fair like that in my eyes. ( I have bought los of Scidata for 5mil because it is something that I find worth grinding for)

Those events and your rewards are based on multiple factors like other people,ping, and luck in general. The Traditional ways of making money dont require anything but time. If you find grinding boring then Participate in events, sure, but it will never be as effecient as hauling or Missions or w/e to get what you need.
(06-25-2018, 03:46 PM)Venkman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:22 PM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of people mine for the fun of it (shocking, I know).

Hi ( :

Hi pls mine 4 me
(06-25-2018, 03:48 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:39 PM)Sicicega Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:31 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:26 PM)Sicicega Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2018, 03:22 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]It is not like scidata is a method for everyone to make money on a daily bases. It is an ocassional thing that most people can't rely on. Those who haul need money in that very Moment or they save up for something bigger. You can't just Expect an event to occur every day to supply you with money, and certainly I doubt that there is anyone who does that.

So saying that factions will die because of this is just overly Dramatic and unrealistic. The amount of money gained from a week of events ( lets say 1 event per week even though that is not even the case I think) and the money gained from hauling in that time can differ. On the long run only relying on data when you need money is just silly.

Now what do I do? Spend 1 hours once a week or trade dring ore like crazy for days for the same amount of money? It is objectively imbalanced, but if you don't have problems with it, it's fine.

You spend the hour online to be one of 30 people Spamming the tractorbeam to maybe get what I worked for. This is like gambling basically, isn't it? You have the Chance to make a Ton of credits with no effort, or you get nothing at all. Or you work hard and spend time earning your credits, which you will receice 100% of the time.

Fisrt of all, easy for numbers (30), second of all, I always left from those events with full cargo somehow. I visited like 3 or 4 events in general.

You can't take yourself as a single individual to show how imbalanced the System is. Very few people get stuff in these events, and those are lucky. I do get what you are saying, and I would agree if more people could make money like that while others can't, but with the 'low' amount of data on the server compared to the people who play the game or Participate in the events I think it is fair to say that Data is the smallest Problem of the economy. They Cost 5mil a unit, and it is fair like that in my eyes. ( I have bought los of Scidata for 5mil because it is something that I find worth grinding for)

Those events and your rewards are based on multiple factors like other people,ping, and luck in general. The Traditional ways of making money dont require anything but time. If you find grinding boring then Participate in events, sure, but it will never be as effecient as hauling or Missions or w/e to get what you need.

What luck? What are you even on about.
1. Get a freighter.
2. Cruise or thrust in circles around dying NCPs.
3. Smash b on your keyboard.

Congratulations. you own billions now.
So what you are saying is steal?
no?
(06-25-2018, 03:52 PM)Sicicega Wrote: [ -> ] What luck? What are you even on about.
1. Get a freighter.
2. Cruise or thrust in circles around dying NCPs.
3. Smash b on your keyboard.

Congratulations. you own billions now.

If you are the fastest yea. If the involved unlawfuls let you get away yea. There are factors to this that need to be right in order for you to get the data .

Altough I wouldnt mind if bases would sell data for 5mil each, or 6.5mil like the midnight runner used to.
Yes, it's super hard to get away on a cruising freighter.
Only downfall i see for these events really are the lack of active players during the week with no events. Have not noticed it really doing anything to the economy myself, prices for equipment have seemed to pretty much stay the same other than Codename guns seem a little higher than they were years ago. But that is mainly due to less people going after them so those with them can increase their prices. I have never done any of these events, and i highly doubt it ever will. It is still easy to make credits, honestly even easier now since the player base is so low you hardly run into pirates/lawfuls(when smuggling) so there is not really much to hinder making quick credits. Personally i could take or leave events since i could care less about doing them, and care even less about sci data. In my opinion the economy and pvp both were ruined years ago anyways, so at this point why even care anymore. I just log in to fly around out of boredom anymore, pretty much only when i need a short break from other games. Far as i recall the events were made to spur activity, which they do for a short time. But at this point nothing will make this game what it used to be as far as population. But hey at least it is still going!

(I am one of those weirdos who mine for fun, no reason to make credits really anymore)
(06-25-2018, 03:58 PM)R.I.P. Wrote: [ -> ]Only downfall i see for these events really are the lack of active players during the week with no events. Have not noticed it really doing anything to the economy myself, prices for equipment have seemed to pretty much stay the same other than Codename guns seem a little higher than they were years ago. But that is mainly due to less people going after them so those with them can increase their prices. I have never done any of these events, and i highly doubt it ever will. It is still easy to make credits, honestly even easier now since the player base is so low you hardly run into pirates/lawfuls(when smuggling) so there is not really much to hinder making quick credits. Personally i could take or leave events since i could care less about doing them, and care even less about sci data. In my opinion the economy and pvp both were ruined years ago anyways, so at this point why even care anymore. I just log in to fly around out of boredom anymore, pretty much only when i need a short break from other games. Far as i recall the events were made to spur activity, which they do for a short time. But at this point nothing will make this game what it used to be as far as population. But hey at least it is still going!

(I am one of those weirdos who mine for fun, no reason to make credits really anymore)

Well, when was responsible for events, it was as fun and as active, but did not have such ruining aftermath on the long run.
Can I ask, how does the sci data situation affect you personally, shiki?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8