Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: POB Siege Participants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
People should be held responsible and actually provide forum roleplay before being able to "register" for siege. Some random indies or unofficial factions should not be able to post siege notice on behalf of dozen of factions that have not even participated in said roleplay.

I have no POBs, nor do I supply any on regular basis, but darn it does this look poor form and makes me want to ban some people around.

Please, staff, make it so that only factions can make "Siege Notice" on behalf of their own factions only (official and unofficial alike), while indies have to conduct said roleplay in certain thread too to be "valid sieger".

I am tired at this particular moment, but this idiocy irks me for few years and since staff is as ever silent when it comes to giving them proposal on Skype, I am going public with the idea.
Simply +1 to this.
hmm I post a seige and poof this thread pops up, how... Interesting!
Yes, yes, you are the center of the universe. You just happened to post it at the time when I am too tired to hold my disappointment with bad elements of Disco community
What a shocker indeed! I think so long as their is valid RP like the one im doing, then it should not be a problem!
It's a good idea, but what do factions that lack official factions do? I suppose they could ask for an allied official faction to help, but I don't think this covers all circumstances.
(07-06-2018, 09:45 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good idea, but what do factions that lack official factions do? I suppose they could ask for an allied official faction to help, but I don't think this covers all circumstances.

Then indies have to post forum RP too. Because then you have cases where some stupid (but veteran player) one-time off indie character finds POB in Liberty and 8 hours later you have 8 OC Dreads coming to Liberty uninvited and unwelcome by the locals even and then do flower stick figures with it.
Ah actually my mistake, I understand what you're saying. So essentially, only players in organised groups that have roleplay/lore background can siege POBs.

In that case, this is a great idea then.
(07-06-2018, 09:47 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Then indies have to post forum RP too

the rule requires you to do Forum RP, so what exactly are you trying to achieve?
As I mentioned in the whole debacle over Kepler, I would also back something along these lines - though for the sake of simplicity I'd propose that an attack declaration through "an old enough account with enough posts" should do the trick.

I think RP for these things should need accountability, 'sall.

Quick Edit for Kahl: I think the issue has nothing to do with people declaring attacks, but with attacks being declared when there are noone to truthfully account them for.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5