Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Staitionary Asteroids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wish you would remove the Stationary Asteroids from in game as they are so unrealistic, Hitting them and bouncing around like a pinball knocks the fun out it, So unrealistic it is. edit more of the small shootable ones in there place. It is a very easy edit to do, it just makes the game feel silly when you hit them and bounce backward 2k, Its the one thing I feel makes the space travel feel silly, Thanks.
No.

Thank you for your feedback.
To be fair, this was attempted before, and it looked quite silly having thy small fighter push away 100 meter wide asteroids.

There's also various implications if said asteroids also damaged you very much, making asteroid fields nigh unpassable. Even as they are now, the small asteroids hit thee frequently, so multiply that annoyance to when each hit really damages you, and it oh-so-annoying really bad really fast.

At least if they're static, thou can actually use them for cover, and they're easier to maneuver around.

So there's thy proper reply, deary! I hope th'ast a better understanding of why most asteroid fields are static.

EDIT: And it really shouldn't bounce thee too much, unless th'were in a fighter going in full cruise but even then 'twas MUCH worse back when th'weren't anti-shake mechanisms in place... Gods, 'twas oh-so-traumatizing for cap pilots.
I think a lot would be made more realistic and gameplay greatly improved if all ships were made half their present size, and the non-cruise speeds, camera distance, and weapon velocity also halved to compensate for the downscale in PvP.

The advantages would be:

- A better feeling of realism because it would make planets and bases look twice as large compared to ships

- Much easier docking with trade lanes and gates for larger ships

- Less collisions with NPCs and asteroids, and less getting stuck in asteroids

- The asteroids will feel more realistic to be able to deflect a ship upon collision, because they will appear twice the size (while also being easier to avoid because the distance between them are also doubled compare to ships size)
(07-10-2018, 03:58 AM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]all ships were made half their size [...] and weapon velocity also halved

So what you're proposing is even slower projectiles trying to hit even smaller targets.

All hail King Unhittable Lagger. He has no pvp skills to speak of, but is invincible anyway.

Are we even playing the same game?
(07-09-2018, 11:20 PM)Megaera Wrote: [ -> ]No.

looks like toxic comment
if you dont have anything to say why you post?
even if you dont like what people suggest you should respect them.

this community makes me sick
(07-10-2018, 04:00 AM)Exo the Plier Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 03:58 AM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]all ships were made half their size [...] and weapon velocity also halved

So what you're proposing is even slower projectiles trying to hit even smaller targets.

All hail King Unhittable Lagger. He has no pvp skills to speak of, but is invincible anyway.

Are we even playing the same game?

the target would also be going at slower speed, and the camera would be at half distance.

Which would mean changing nothing in pvp or pve except making the non-ship world look larger to the player.

About things like lag I dont know if that would also have a bigger effect (considering that ship speeds are also halved), but isnt lag a non-balanced thing anyway?
(07-10-2018, 04:00 AM)Exo the Plier Guy Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be me right there.
(07-10-2018, 04:04 AM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]

looks like toxic comment

+1
(07-10-2018, 04:04 AM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]

looks like toxic comment

Voiced my opinion on this suggestion.
The only person who made it into a personal attack is you.

No. Just no.
Imagine if my tiny fighter could bump around asteroids bigger than me.

Next time don't take everything I say as an attack on players m'kay?

Edit: Also you completely ignored adressing the OP. Does that mean you just came here to comment me?
Pages: 1 2 3