Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Two Rookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everybody

Me and my brother stumbled upon this community a few days ago while we were thinking about doing some multiplayer freelancer. He has absolutely no RP experience and I'm not much better but we're definitely going to try to add our own flavor to the community. We also don't have much experience with the game itself. It's a game I have been hearing about for years but I never tried before then. I've been reading the forum and the wiki to get an idea of whats up.

I have my own little independent faction in the works to give our characters a backbone to build our RP off of.
We considered joining another faction but we thrive when we can operate on our own terms. Expect my post in the unofficial factions and groups section soon. See ya around.
Click here.

If you need help, we've got people more than willing to talk with and do trade runs with you.
Greetings!

It's always good to see new faces around here. I'm Nodoka, part of the Discovery Angels, a ooRP faction that helps new and old users alike with any issues or questions they may have regarding Freelancer Discovery.

We have a discord server you can join for assistance, and often we have people in game flying the [Angel] Tag who can provide help if you need it.

Feel free to explore and look around and get acquainted with the lore and history, and be sure to read the rules. Smile
Hello! Always good to see influx of new members! A friendly advice: don't mind some grievances taking place on forum between some veterans over their sand castles - Discovery community is very cheerful and helpful.
Hey! Welcome to the party!

Hope you find your own niche - and if you need a hand let us know. Big Grin
See you around Sirius. Smile
We comel to lee francer

Always good to see new people. When you get your group RP written up, I'll have a look, there may be room for business.
Welcome! How did you find us? Smile
Yo, welcome.

Stay away from Bastille, I hear their coffee is terrible.
Howdy hey, and welcome aboard!

There are a few things that are different in Discovery when compared to Vanilla Freelancer. Besides all of the various ship classes added, there are plenty of new/beefed up weapons available, as well.

Since you mentioned being rather new to the Role Playing environment, I recommend checking out the Discovery Character Development and Motivation Guide! Assuming you stick with Human for now (as opposed to a robot or nomad character), that thread has a lot of different characters in Discovery within. The template that the guide uses is handy for developing your own characters, while existing characters can serve as inspiration for both of your own.

See you in space, and have fun!
Pages: 1 2