Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Carrier Drones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I rarely if at all express on the forums my unsatisfaction when it comes to our mod and abilities we have in our game. I honestly think the Drones are a horrible addition and would appeal to the Dev Team to take another look before implementation.

I have fought against these drones and let me tell you they are pretty overpowered.

They thrust faster than player snubs and are near impossible to dodge like the heavies we can mount.

Their overlay is honestly trash, and you cant even select them on the scanners.

I understand they are carriers and the need and the ability to launch some sort of craft is a tough nut to crack. In my honest opinion, this is not the best solution.

*I realize no matter what I say the implementation for all carriers will happen, but I don't think I should sit idly by and not express how I feel.*
(07-14-2018, 03:36 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Their overlay is honestly trash, and you cant even select them on the scanners.

This is honestly my only issue with Drones. Targetting them is far more irritating that it should be (that or they draw your fire towards them), and makes fights against them feel more frustrating than fair.
(07-14-2018, 03:42 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2018, 03:36 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Their overlay is honestly trash, and you cant even select them on the scanners.

This is honestly my only issue with Drones. Targetting them is far more irritating that it should be (that or they draw your fire towards them), and makes fights against them feel more frustrating than fair.

Oh joy.. If this is what they're gonna be like, I'm not touching Seraphine with a barge pole until *AFTER* my SRP ship request. If I'm not going to be able to target them, nor will I be able to do much with them outside of be at sub-standoff ranges and lob them at capitals and be as useful as a LF against a dread, You might as well remove the damn carrier class entirely, because from the looks of it, it's going to be taken negatively from all sides. CV pilots aren't going to like dealing with a lobotomized weapons system, and others aren't going to like dealing with drones they can't even freaking shoot at.
They are actually REAL easy to shoot down. All you gotta do is pointing your secondaries at them
(07-14-2018, 04:04 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]They are actually REAL easy to shoot down. All you gotta do is pointing your secondaries at them

not every BS (like the Osiris) has many secondaries like the Deimos.
(07-14-2018, 04:47 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2018, 04:04 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]They are actually REAL easy to shoot down. All you gotta do is pointing your secondaries at them

It's an NPC.. I could shoot it with 675m/s guns.
Carriers also have a shitteir core to compensate
I find the issue arises when there are lots of things to shoot on screen, or when you zoom out to shoot at a carrier (it autotargets the Drone and messes with your turrets).
(07-14-2018, 05:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I find the issue arises when there are lots of things to shoot on screen, or when you zoom out to shoot at a carrier (it autotargets the Drone and messes with your turrets).

yea that also..
(07-14-2018, 04:47 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]

Kalh, even Zephyr can shoot down drones, which has a really bad secondary coverage.
The UI usage of drones may be an issue, but for the drones themselves they're very manageable. Half the time the drone will brainlessly fly at you in a straight line, most of the time you can shoot them down with battleship primaries. As for their damage and combat effectiveness, they're heavy support bombers, unlike standard player bombers. But they don't fly like players. Their combat AI is mostly simple and 100% tunnel visioned on whatever it's target is.

Personally, I think drones are fine and a good implementation. Carriers have just been bulkier, more gunned battleships. Their job is support, not frontline combat. They shouldn't just be, for all purposes, bigger, more expensive battleships. Now they can do their job and despite the UI issues, the drone is a utility that only works if a player isn't paying attention to when a carrier launches a drone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5