Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Release - 4.90 Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(07-18-2018, 12:16 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]Literally anyone running Windows 10 is jittering unintentionally if they aren't aware of the need to cap their framerate on that OS, and as the person who tends to get complaints when there's a mechanical issue of some sort with Discovery I have had literal scores of complaints about it. Frankly I haven't really personally cared about someone jittering in a fight because I probably can't hit them anyways, but when the number of people on Windows 7 is going down and the number of people on Windows 10 is going up and consequently the number of people unintentionally jittering is going up, we are going to do something about the unintentional jittering.

The problem is literally getting visibly worse and as we're constantly trying to get new players into the game, many of whom will be on a newer operating system like Windows 10, we needed a way to compensate for that. We decided as a team to implement a solution to it.

In short, don't shoot the messenger.

For some reason the new cap can be bypassed by using a vpn. Not that anyone would bother with that, but still. Somehow it caps my fps at exactly 100 again, I assume it's mostly on my end seeing as disco is presumably blocked in Russia. So when I use a vpn to launch the game, my fps is not only not capped at 100, but it's not capped at all. Like, it's around 200 ingame, not only in the menus. Also if you're curious, the last time I had this issue with the cap was because of the presumed block of disco here. I tested it a few times by launching disco with and without a vpn, and every time I didn't use a vpn my fps would cap itself at exactly 100.
ingame fps limiter is awesome, i cant limit my fps not sure why so thanks to devs for adding fps limiter to this game
I mean, we're definitely not putting any caps at 100 so I have no idea what's going on there.

I'll be posting documentation for the limiter and its features soon. I was planning on doing it to coincide with the implementation going live but I didn't have anything handy when it did.
hi,
i use win10 fps ingame between 125/145

do you need less or more?
Alright first of all, thanks for all the hard work you all do to make stuff like this happen. One remark tho... you guys killed rheinland, we where promised the trade stuff would be sorted before this war thing would come in. What did we got.... The war is here and all the trade routes stayed the same. As result we rheinlanders basicly have 3 choices togo and all involve breaking embargo lines or even passing an active war zone. So.... any TL-DR about that?
TL;DR Xoria
Once again, you can download BandiCam in order to easily cap your fps at any amount.
https://www.bandicam.com/
(07-18-2018, 06:58 AM)Erik-Kieber Wrote: [ -> ]Alright first of all, thanks for all the hard work you all do to make stuff like this happen. One remark tho... you guys killed rheinland, we where promised the trade stuff would be sorted before this war thing would come in. What did we got.... The war is here and all the trade routes stayed the same. As result we rheinlanders basicly have 3 choices togo and all involve breaking embargo lines or even passing an active war zone. So.... any TL-DR about that?

The trade stuff definitely needs to be solved asap and it´s reminded to devs. But that´s one of the reasons why the embargo is very mild from Rheinland side at this moment and involves only commodities which are not regularly traded anyway. Also there are still options to go trade to Bretonia and Liberty in the meantime before the issue gets fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15