Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do npc transports carry anything of value?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I some of my travels, i saw sometimes cargo trains carrying mostly oxygen, but i have never seen them carrying something else, kinda wish they did so raiding them was more fun. Or do they?
They carry valuable stuff sometimes.
(07-16-2018, 06:45 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]They carry valuable stuff sometimes.

An example if possible? Apart from h-fuel, crew and oxygen.
I once saw some Zoner NPCs running away from LPI with black market light arms. But the chance of them having something valuable is too low honestly.
One of the spots is in Tau-29, Gallic NPCs hauling cargo having actual worth at the FP.

There are way too few spots though, actually a shame now that we have all house transports as NPCs
If short, they carry, for example i mined very different stuff(wine, thorium mox, ablative armor, niobium..etc). If you want to know more - somewhere in folders of game ini file with list i think.
hit gunboats/ cruisers as a bomber you then get the cash cards which are worth from 500k from a gunboat to 5m for a cruiser, plus the captain which is again another few million

or go tentacle hunting
Some mission maths from the THP Discord:

A Rogue Gunboat fetches $325,000 from Cards + Pilots for 15 cargo space
A Rogue Dessie fetches $1,475,000 from Cards + Pilots for 23 cargo space
A Liberty Cruiser fetches $1,000,000 from Cards + Pilots for 9 cargo space
A LABC fetches $1,800,000 from Cards + Pilots for 16 cargo space
A Thresher fetches $575,000 from Cards + Pilots from 15 cargo space if it has Core Pilots, and $725,000 if it has BHG Pilots
A good place to farm hostile NPC GBs is the Shikoku System off of Deshima Station.
A good place to get at least decent anti-cap missions is Omicron Tau, according to
Solo tentacle hunting is a suicidal endeavor at best if you do it by missions. So don't go it alone. Get some friends!

Also, this is a thing.

-
King of the Lolwuts