Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Harmony Official ID Perk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Harmony Official Perk approved.

-Added ID line "Can demand contraband and levy fines within their Zone of Influence, and attack if ships refuse to comply."
-Entry in Laws of Sirius will be provided for upkeep and regulation as per standard.

Due to overwhelming negative feedback from both the community and the faction, the laws post and ID line have been reverted, and the initially requested piracy line has replaced them on the Harmony ID.
Good stuff. Now we should remove all other unlawfuls' law posts.
And what changed?
(wrong akk, but anyway)
(07-31-2018, 05:46 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Good stuff. Now we should remove all other unlawfuls' law posts.

Revolutionaries would still have laws that they wanted to enforce,
(07-31-2018, 12:03 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2018, 05:46 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Good stuff. Now we should remove all other unlawfuls' law posts.

Then they can have their thread in stories subforum for their own fluff.
(07-31-2018, 12:06 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2018, 12:03 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]

Then they can have their thread in stories subforum for their own fluff.

That won't allow them to enforce the laws ingame, as if it did they would be able to abuse the line "can enforce laws" by simply editing the post. I can see why most unlawfuls wouldn't have actual laws but revolutionaries most certainly would
I think it's fine for unlawfuls to have laws.

The only real issue is that every area of space will end up being legislated by some faction eventually. Plus "Stop, you are violating the law" tends to end up in death and bad vibes, whilst piracy usually doesn't result in death, instead, a financial gain for the pirate.
I feel unless an ID has actual ID laws to enforce the specifics or more extraordinary of those laws, they shouldn't really have a post there as it's just roleplay fluff that doesn't affect gameplay or really alter the playstyle of the ID and would be more suited to their own faction sections. I.e IDs that lack the line cannot both make a credit demand and demand cargo.
(07-31-2018, 12:49 PM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]whilst piracy usually doesn't result in death, instead, a financial gain for the pirate.

Piracy is almost never profitable. I think you underestimate how many people simply scream through their keyboard "NO I NOT PAY PIERAT" (or how many simply dont speak understandable english)

When it does happen that traders to pay pirates, most people take the Good-Guy-Pirate™ route and only charge 2 or 3m instead of demanding dropped cargo or the full price of the cargo

All of this meaning that the overall income from piracy is very low if anything. More often than not, the exercise is done for the RP or what have you.
Pages: 1 2 3