Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wyvern and Wraith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So.
Lets take a quick look at them:
[Image: Wyvern.png]
Armor: 11100
Core: 1160/11400
Bots/Batts: 64/64
Turning: 67.08
Guns: 6

[Image: Rh_elite.png]
Armor: 10900
Core: 1270/12400
Bots/Batts: 64/64
Turning: 69.04
Guns: 5

Why a bigger ship has less armor and guns?
Why tiny kusarian VHF has core as Eagle, why isn't it 800/8000 or at least 1200/8000?
Where's logic?
Listening to your excuses.

Anime is anime, yes, fine and all, but lets be objective here.
AFAIK the Wraith has and is still undergoing a balance review.
It always has to compensate somehow for a lack of 1 gun, you know it's a big of a deal.
But another question is why'd little nasty kufighters become full-scale VHFs internally while keeping the same little model. Older versions had it in a right way: smaller size must be compensated by the weaker core.
Hope some dev shows up and tells me how wrong I am and how far away I should stay from the snub balance talks.
Maybe the Wyvern has the powercore it has because it is a VHF and not a HF.
It's not even that tiny. Wraith and Wyvern were not balanced against each other like other ships so. It is to be expected to have a certain degree of stat-wise advantage in such cases.
Rheinland has a full cap line in exchange for this. And Wraith does have its advantages too.

Btw: I smell a certain degree of "I made this because it feels impossible to defeat Wyverns for me, while I might just be outmatched" threads. Sorry but yeah.
So if I take Hayabusa and write"VHF" on it, it makes it an actual VHF with a good core, 6 guns and lots of armor?
I can't see any real explanations in your post. If you can't understand basic things, go along.
>Btw: I smell a certain degree of "I made this because it feels impossible to defeat Wyverns for me, while I might just be outmatched" threads. Sorry but yeah.
Sorry, but a wrong addressed call. We will endure all the fights, but balance itself is just another thing to be considered.
You do realize that Kusari HFs are close the size of other houses VHFs. Wyvern is slightly larger than said HFs. It is a rather new ship and can be adjusted slightly, but it is more likely the Wraith will get another adjustments to fix stuff done by the last nerf.
This would be a good time to implement the second Rheinland VHF.
The Wyvern is much smaller than the Wraith, the Wyvern's mass is all spread in its wings, while a small portion as well makes up the center structure which only faces forward. Meaning if you use ordinary guns to hit it, several shots might miss from the rear, the CSV has a similar quality that makes it hard to hit from the rear.

Werd Wrote:And Wraith does have its advantages too.

The wraith has absolutely no advantages going for it whatsoever.
(07-19-2018, 06:19 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]The wraith has absolutely no advantages going for it whatsoever.

Do you actually want to be taken seriously? If you do, then it might be time to stop saying things like this.
(07-19-2018, 05:40 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]Why a bigger ship has less armor and guns?
Why tiny kusarian VHF has core as Eagle, why isn't it 800/8000 or at least 1200/8000?
Where's logic?
Listening to your excuses.

Anime is anime, yes, fine and all, but lets be objective here.

800/8000 is below light fighter core, it doesn't exist in the game and for a good reason because it'd be useless.
1200/8000 is heavy fighter core.
Wyvern is a VHF.
All VHFs have VHF cores, why do you think Wyvern should be an exception?

Chimaera still exists. Wyvern is based on its model but has much fatter wings which add to the overall hitbox. Chimaera is an HF and is balanced like one. Also, this is a personal preference, but I'd take bigger core than an extra gun any day of the week. 5 guns are enough to drain your core, and a bigger core means more DPS in groupfights (90% of all fights outside of Conn, especially in Sigma-21 where everything are fleet fights).

(07-19-2018, 06:19 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]The wraith has absolutely no advantages going for it whatsoever.

[Image: YB3JeD6.jpg]

Reeves took the words out of my mouth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5