Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Numbers Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm having an annoying issue with the GUI in Freelancer.

On 1024x800 everything is fine, but even going to 1280x1024 (or 1280x900 or whatever it is) which is supported in the in game options removes the thruster percentage, speedometer and distance indicators.

The thruster percentage and speedometer are annoying but I could live with that, but the lack of being able to judge distance is really messing with my playing style. Any help on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to play in 1024x800 on a 22" monitor!

Here is a screenshot of the case. To show exactly what I mean I pointed out the missing numbers with some red arrows. I'm currently running on 1920x1000.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8881/examplelo7.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Nope, nothing about this kind of error in there, but thanks all the same

Anyone have any idea what causes this error or how to remedy it?

' Wrote:Nope, nothing about this kind of error in there, but thanks all the same

Anyone have any idea what causes this error or how to remedy it?
Are you sure? Look at the font, it's not the standard one. Differents fonts usually screw things up with the game.
I ended up playing around with a lot of the settings, getting no results, and returning to my widescreen 1920x1200 settings I had at the start of this thread and I now magically have distance markers again (though still no thruster/speedo) Which is really all I wanted in order to be a viable Freelancer.

No idea why its magically working now but I'm sure not going to question it.

I'll leave it here until it breaks again (which it won't, I hope) so thanks to you two both for your help!