Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hay there.
Lets start off about me...
My step dad got me into freelancer as soon as it came out, and i played it for a fair few years, and went from mod to mod, like he did. Then stayed over at Asylum51 for a while, until a the server started to lack and some RL things.

I brought my own version of the game back in November, and went directly to the BSG-Dawn Of War, set up and enjoyed the mod loads, and am now here seeing how it goes.
So far I like the whole balance of the economy (no big bucks really easy, realistic ratios etc) nice models too;)
I like the whole hard core RP also, normally on mods people seem to let it slip amazingly :nono:

But yea, I'm new, or kind of... Have racked up a total of approx 24 hours in total of my characters within less than a week heh.

I like to make sigs and avatars every now and then (as you might see from them always changing from week to week)

But yea, I've done it again...
I didnt want to prattle on, but I have :angry:

From the flames of insanity...
This is Pryo, signing out.
Hay is for horses, but hello anyways! Good to see a new guy with a desire to RP!
' Wrote:From the flames of insanity...
This is Pryo, signing out.

Who's Pryo?:P

Anyway! Hello and welcome to Discovery.:laugh:
Welcome, oh welcome, to our not so humble abode of flashiness and glamor. Madness also.

I like your attitude, so far you seem like a good guy/girl.
I'd recommend to you that you read the rules, just in case you get into a dubious situation.
Also, when in doubt, a thing called Common Sense helps.

Feel free to ask for any RP advice or whatever-advice.

I recommend you explore, if you have not already, get familiar with everything, find out what you want to do, what gives you the most fun.

I recommend joining one of the player factions that suit your style, cause being in a faction offers a lot to you.
RP, training, advice on how to improve yourself, access to regular special events, and it creates a tie between you and the community.

Read the forums, there's plenty to read, and find out all you can.

Most importantly, have fun.
Hey another newcomer, welcome!
I should make a generic welcome but I guees it won't have that personal touch to it.
Forum are your friend, first stop should be to read the server rules, sanctions are an avoidable hazard in Sirius. The forums can help you navigate away from them.
Groups are good, in my opinion, both for having numbers on your side and also because you can learn alot about this server from experienced members.
I'll throw in another shameless recruit attempt here: Click my sig links ;)
Actually straw is for horses, but its a common mistake dont worry :cool:
Ah Pryo, I do type rather fast at times, so just an advanced appology, sorry for the mixed up lettering, I get a bit carried away sometimes and dont really check the words... Lazy I know but...

Nice to actualy see some welcome messages which prompt new people to read the forums, normally people sign onto the forums just to get the mod etc and dont read the rules...
I have alywas read the ruls or forums/server maybe 3/4 times within the first two days of joining just to be sure. And also tend to point others the the forums too.

Yup, looked into a fair few different factions and have already had some tempting offers due to my history too, but I might leave it for a bit and join up at some other point.
Welcome, take a seat, join the LPI, read my stories, don't go OOC in system, do read the rules.

Pyro. Cool name.:)
hi there, Welcome to disco. read the rules and such and have fun.
Heya there and a mighty big welcome to the Disco!

I hope you'll enjoy your time here - and won't link the rules, as you've already read them.
However, you might enjoy this thread here, containing majorly useful tips for any Disco Server Rookie.

Oh, and...

' Wrote:I like to make sigs and avatars every now and then (as you might see from them always changing from week to week)
I see, you might also like this here then, the Signatures/Pictures/Avatars thread, were the community sig designers tend to show off their work (me included:P)

Anyways, stay frosty out there in outer space and watch those Hotdogs! Some guys here won't like you eating them... but that's for another story;)

Enjoy.
' Wrote:Pyro. Cool name.:)

Aye it is, means several things but mainly
Quote:Pyro - A demon prince of falsehood.

One of the other definitions to it links to "Infernal" ie fire, fire of hell etc...
Insanity... get to know me then it says it all :crazy:

And aye, I have a pretty large showcase of several forums compiled of sigs I made for myself and by request, I'l add them up here at some point in the near future:)
Pages: 1 2