Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Either more or no unlawfuls should have access to 5000 cargo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Currently, Corsairs, The Order and Outcasts have access to 5000 cargo ships, where most of other unlawful IDs (to my knowledge, maybe I missed some) are limited to 4300. This is unfair.

Either all unlawfuls should have unlimited access to cargo ships (preferred method all around) or those three (and any other IDs) limited back to 4300 cargo (not going to happen unless staff has the balls to be fair)
Isn't it reinforced by the fact that these factions have the industry to actually field and operate more than one of them? I'll remind you that the OCs, Corsairs and the Order are some of the few Unlawfuls that can actually field a proper military.

Maybe the Hessians, Dragons and the Council, but aside from that, I don't see why every unlawful faction should get 5k transports, or none of them.
Balance.
I think it's for balance reasons. Unlawfuls that have hugely hostile diplomacy can get away with having 5kers without harming balance. I.e Corsairs and especially Order are hostile to A huge plethora of factions. However, with OC gradually trying to become neutral with some Sirian houses and groups, perhaps their 5k allowance might need a review?

All other unlawfuls really should be allowed to use 5kers though, as long as they're hostile to most of Sirius.
(07-25-2018, 07:45 PM)Spectre Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it reinforced by the fact that these factions have the industry to actually field and operate more than one of them? I'll remind you that the OCs, Corsairs and the Order are some of the few Unlawfuls that can actually field a proper military.

Maybe the Hessians, Dragons and the Council, but aside from that, I don't see why every unlawful faction should get 5k transports, or none of them.

Cargo restrictions are purely ooRP balance measure, it does not have anything to do with roleplay environment. Like limitation of freelancers to 3,6k ships, there are no realistic or logical reasons why such restriction should exist and why only corporations should be able to have 5kers. It´s there only to balance their almost free reputation which allows them to dock almost anywhere they want.
Up the unlawfuls to 5K, in my opinion. Considering most unlawfuls have less than a quarter of the opportunities for trade routes and docking points that any house corporation has, and they can't dock at their most profitable routes' endpoints, they're already at a massive disadvantage even before taking into account the fact they can only use 4.3Kers.
Keep major unlawfuls at 4,3k most, keep 5k only for corporates in order to keep them as the primary choice for cash grinding.

~ leader of a major unlawful faction with heavy emphasis on logistics and commerce to fund their revolution
(07-25-2018, 09:55 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Keep major unlawfuls at 4,3k most, keep 5k only for corporates in order to keep them as the primary choice for cash grinding.

The unfortunate state of smuggling and general unpleasantness of running 5ks through the asteroid fields pirates tend to hide behind will do plenty there without the 4.3k limitation, I think.

Lorewise I'm not sure it makes sense for unlawfuls outside of the Outcasts, Corsairs, etc to have 5ks, but on the other hand, an Advanced Train wouldn't use any more crew than a normal Train. I'm also not convinced opening up 5ks more would be disruptive to the environment. Especially since on an unlawful /restart, you can't actually buy any 5ks anyway; you have to go out of your way to make an unlawful 5k as it is, and most people don't bother.
I think it should be the other way around.

Give house unlawfuls 5ks. 4.3s for Hispanic unlawfuls. Failing that, 5ks for every unlawful. Unlawful trading is already more risky.
in the past smuggler routes were so profitable criminals didn't need 5k cargo to get the 45-60mil profits.
i'm a bit out of the loop with ore trading but around those numbers were achievable in the past.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10