Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings to one and all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings fellow pilots,

I am really new to Freelancer and Discovery only played for about 1 week so far, a friend of mine convinced me to get the game and so far I am not disappointed. I am still needing to get better at RP so tips and help is greatly appreciated. I have a couple of characters thus far, 1 miner, 1 Trader and 1 Military. I have been making credits by mining helium out of Pennsylvania (starter zone) and filling up transporters. I am looking to join an active guild/faction and learn from the more seasoned of you out there.

Current ships include:
1. The Hegemon miner
2. The Tournez (Gallic Metal Service Light Miner)
3, The Obstinate (Gallic Royal Navy Battlecruiser)
4. The Falcon Civilian Heavy Fighter (Docked in Stuttgart and not setup yet)

I enjoy the RP when it comes to dealing with traders requiring my mining skills but I wish to learn more, so please feel free to say hi and maybe drop me some hints and tips Smile
Hop in the THP Discord and we can help you on your way. We're in "growth mode" right now, so if you want some opportunities for unique RP and huge sums of money easily acquired, well, feel free to sign up (we have fresh Pirate tears). We're more than welcome to show you the ropes, as well as help you fund your shenanigans. (ooh, shenanigans)

(sun)

Looking at those ship, the MRG Disord might also be something for you Big Grin they are always in need of more fresh pilots.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay
Hiya Djvoyagerxue,

if you're looking to join a faction, the =CR= (Crayter Republic) are open to new people who aren't RP or PvP pros (yet). To join contact any =CR= tagged ingame or post in the recruitment thread. We're a militaristic faction that fights Outcasts and Gallia, mainly because they have strong feelings about slavery, cardamine, and their independence. We also have trade opportunities while building a base and jump drives. If you're more into mining, I recommend IMG. Haven't seen them active much lately but I can help you set up an IMG mining combo.

For learning the game, =CR= will help you and also provide combat training. Additionally, you can read the Help System (go to the Sirius Sector in the Nav Map and open the Help System in the upper right corner of the map). It's easy to read while trading traveling through lanes at the same time.

If you're interested in =CR= or IMG mining, you can also drop me a pm to meet up in game.