Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Arbiter Rick Tiltman, Junker's Congress | From: Shay Endecott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Victoria, Natio Octavarium
30. July 825 A.S.
To: Arbiter Rick Tiltman, Junker's Congress
Priority: Normal
Topic: Purchase Inquiry

Message Contents:

Hey there. name's Shay, I'm with the Octavarium Mercantile Guild. Me and my sister break ships and fix ships, sometimes in that order.

That's why I'm calling. Maintenance out here can be a pain, between the drifting asteroids and shifting warzones. For you lot, though, a warzone's basically just a field of spare parts. Our Ravens and Rooks are pretty adaptable about that too, but that leaves the rest of our fleet. Now, I don't know if you've ever tried to repair a Bayonet with "spare parts", but holy shit. Your ships are a lot less picky about where we source the parts. And a couple of CSVs and CSFs would help us with the "sourcing".

Also, I've heard your Gitano-type interceptors are all just pieced together from whatever parts their builders can find, and I would love to work on that kind of project.

We're working on the finishing touches on opening Canberra, but I think we can offer the Junkers some dedicated market space, maybe use of a small maintenance section too. Anything specific I'll have to run by Services, though.

Engineer Shay Endecott, NO-Comfortably.Numb
Natio Octavarium

Transmission End
.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Some Help:.

[Image: Rick_zps428d2b13.jpg]

Ms.Shay,

I apologize for the delay, if you haven't heard Bering is kinda sorta a mad house right now and unfortunately that madhouse is on my doorstep. I can sell you 5 CSVs and 5 CSFs, their pretty much open market at this point, in exchange I would appreciate a open market place for our Military Salvage and Premium Scrap. As for the Gitano, that's a bit trickier since we do not really manufacture those, They are very similar to the Salvagers where as they are kinda just grown while combing through debris fields. as an example I once saw a Gitano with the back end of a Liberator, the wings of a Phantom, the cockpit of a dagger and used a reactor from an Eagle. So unfortunately I cannot sell you that ship.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Victoria, Natio Octavarium
30. July 825 A.S.
To: Arbiter Rick Tiltman, Junker's Congress
Priority: Normal
Topic: Purchase Inquiry

Message Contents:

Cool, cool, but I think we've got a bit of a misunderstanding.

I don't want to buy a Gitano, that's no fun. I wanna build one. I've seen enough wreckage out here that with a bit of help I can get it pieced together into something flyable. Hell, I can probably do it without the help. Just wanna knock a few weeks off the timetable, y'know?

Anyway. I'll bring a few people over later to pick up those CSVs and CSFs, see how they work for us before we look into more. I've had a word with the dockmaster, we're ready to recieve both types of salvage. You'll probably find tanks of cryos for sale, but shipments there aren't always reliable.

... are they tanks? What the hell are they shipped in? Eh, doesn't matter, not my field.

Engineer Shay Endecott, NO-Comfortably.Numb
Natio Octavarium

Transmission End