Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship for new player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ia orana freelancer,

I am looking for a versatile vessel that would allow me to discovert Sirius's systems, with an average cargo hold and what to defend myself.

Do you have any advices ?

Fly safe.
Corvo Civilian Explorer:

Gunboat guns, Cruiser Shield
Cargo Space: 1200

Can buy from the Zoners at Freeport 6 in Tau-29 or Corfu Base in Omicron Theta
I wouldn't recommend Corvo in most cases due to the limited weapons loadout. If you're looking for bolstered defense with slightly less cargo space, go for a Gunboat, either the Borderworlds Gunboat sold on Border Gate Station A in Coronado or the Ahoudori-class Gunboat sold on Yokohama in Kusari.

As for snubcraft, my recommendation is with the Sunrider or Falchion.

If you wish to be able to make money at the same time as defend yourself, a Pelican or Serenity will do you good.
(08-15-2018, 01:19 AM)APM Inc Wrote: [ -> ]Corvo Civilian Explorer:

Gunboat guns, Cruiser Shield
Cargo Space: 1200

Can buy from the Zoners at Freeport 6 in Tau-29 or Corfu Base in Omicron Theta

Thanks, it look like a very good ships but i think that I will have to sell my body to buy this beautiful vessel.... I'm a poor new player !!
(08-15-2018, 01:23 AM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't recommend Corvo in most cases due to the limited weapons loadout. If you're looking for bolstered defense with slightly less cargo space, go for a Gunboat, either the Borderworlds Gunboat sold on Border Gate Station A in Coronado or the Ahoudori-class Gunboat sold on Yokohama in Kusari.

If you wish to be able to make money at the same time as defend yourself, a Pelican or Serenity will do you good.

Thanks, I already seen the Serenity and I think it's a good choose with my Freelancer ID. But his is quite expensive for the moment, I will probably buy the Pelican to go sightseeing and earn money to buy the Serenity.

Fly safe
Since you already mentioned it, I will further advocate that the Pelican is an excellent choice for the budding space explorer! That little transport is loaded with firepower, and does well with even fighter/freighter weapons (I recommend Purple Goddesses). If you prefer transport weapons, I would choose either Dulzians (Anti-fighter/bomber and high projectile speed), or Civilian Transport Turrets.

If you're willing to learn a little on how to turn and shoot at the same time (In case you run into trouble), check out the Turret Steering Tutorial by ! Alternatively, the Pelican is decent at strafing and shooting backwards, since it's so small and packed with guns!

To this day, I still enjoy flying my Pelican (Now with a Capital Armor Upgrade Mk. 6). Anything small is easily beaten 1v1, and anything big is easily run from. It's cheap; effective; and with decent cargo space. It's a 10/10 ship in my book!
Camara is also a good option, if you want something a bit smaller than the Pelican. It's a very fun ship.
(08-15-2018, 01:31 AM)ultimus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2018, 01:23 AM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't recommend Corvo in most cases due to the limited weapons loadout. If you're looking for bolstered defense with slightly less cargo space, go for a Gunboat, either the Borderworlds Gunboat sold on Border Gate Station A in Coronado or the Ahoudori-class Gunboat sold on Yokohama in Kusari.

Thanks, I already seen the Serenity and I think it's a good choose with my Freelancer ID. But his is quite expensive for the moment, I will probably buy the Pelican to go sightseeing and earn money to buy the Serenity.

Fly safe
Get the Sunrider with strong shields for it has about 550 on it's cargo space. Remember that no one but NPCs will attack you as long as you are under level 29.
If you are neutral or friendly to Rheiland and Bretonia then go to Munich when you see Hunter.Lewis in chat window and I will fill you up with Aluminum Ore. The first load of a new customer is free no matter the size of your ship's cargo and the next loads on is 1,500 a unit mined on site. It sells at South Hampton ShipYard in New London for 10,000+ per unit. If you have a small ship then you can save your 1 free load for another time and just pay 1,500 per unit until you get a bigger cargo vessel for the free Ore load. This applies to all new customers. I covet your repeat business. wth regards, Hunter.Lewis.
  • P.S. If you also see any of the Explorer21 ships in chat window feel free to contact them when you want Ore and they will contact Hunter.Lewis on your behalf. Good Journey.
(08-15-2018, 02:17 AM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]Since you already mentioned it, I will further advocate that the Pelican is an excellent choice for the budding space explorer! That little transport is loaded with firepower, and does well with even fighter/freighter weapons (I recommend Purple Goddesses). If you prefer transport weapons, I would choose either Dulzians (Anti-fighter/bomber and high projectile speed), or Civilian Transport Turrets.

If you're willing to learn a little on how to turn and shoot at the same time (In case you run into trouble), check out the Turret Steering Tutorial by ! Alternatively, the Pelican is decent at strafing and shooting backwards, since it's so small and packed with guns!

To this day, I still enjoy flying my Pelican (Now with a Capital Armor Upgrade Mk. 6). Anything small is easily beaten 1v1, and anything big is easily run from. It's cheap; effective; and with decent cargo space. It's a 10/10 ship in my book!

Very good tutorial, with a little practice, I will be able to fire the turrets easily! And with the agility in my fingers that I have aquis, I can also play the betoween's 5th symphony witn a piano!
(08-15-2018, 02:19 AM)Shalo Wrote: [ -> ]Camara is also a good option, if you want something a bit smaller than the Pelican. It's a very fun ship.

It look like good, but his have less hull hit points than Pelican. I think, the Pelican is better equiped for exploration.

Fly safe
Pages: 1 2