Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Bison wiggle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way tof ix the ship from wiggling like crazy in autopilot modes?
Nope. All large ships have that.
I noticed that alt-tabbing or alt-entering sometimes fix it till next autopilot usage. Can't remember which one.
Yes, true. Alt tab sometimes fixes it. Yet, funny, it never happened to me on cruisers or transports. (apart from Bison)
It depends on the size of a ship. Bigger ships wiggle, smaller ones don't.
[Image: RBFXrrF.gif]

In all seriousness, no, it can't be stopped.
Trust me, the wiggling IS the fix. In the old days, capital ships and large transports didn't wiggle. Instead, they used to get bounced around asteroid fields like the world's most annoying pinball machine. They fixed that issue long ago, but the wiggling is a side effect. It's annoying, but far better than the alternative.
(08-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ][Image: RBFXrrF.gif]

GAH!! You've beat me to it. xD
Strafing a few times stops it until the autopilot tries to turn or avoid something.
I noticed it happening ages ago when I had a Bison....I thought it was some kind of bug specific to that ship....Then I noticed it with the Uruz too, I figured then that it was something to do with large transports with many turrets.....Like maybe they were all based on some kind of base or prototype model prone to wiggling...or something.....Is it really just a size based thing, then? Liners seem quite large and they don't do it.....I actually can't use any ship that shows this behavior....absurdly enough, over time the juddering about onscreen triggers motion sickness and I get physically nauseas ! I suffered from "car sickness" a lot when I was a kid but outgrew it...(I'm even quite a "good sailor" now,during stormy crossings and what have you) However , this onscreen turbulence after about 20 mins or so has me on the point of throwing up...weird I grant you...Anyhow, I have a list of ships which are unusable due to my malady....I just avoid them...
Pages: 1 2