Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 1 Battleship per player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm curious, why is there this rule?

I don't know about you but I can't find any way that this rule is actually useful. You may say it is to prevent people flying multiple ones at the same time. That is a valid reason but it just isn't enforced at all. Plus, what use would it be to fly 2 battleships at once in any form of combat situation? You couldn't properly fight while controlling them both at once.
Let's also remember the MASSIVE cost of these utterly useless ships (changing in 4.85 I know). People rarely have enough cash for 1 battleship, let alone multiple.

So just to reiterate, why does this rule exist?
It was brought in by community consensus to stop folks having a BS in every corner of sirius which they could switch to in order to do mean things that weren't terribly in the spirit of the server. Ergo, 1 bs per player. And it is enforced. There just aren't many folks who do it and we let them come to us to explain why they have say 4 of them all on different accounts. We're still waiting for one fellow to come and explain himself to us.
Oh, it's one per player, thought it was one per account, good thing I haven't broken the rule yet. How do you enforce that?
I think, if u have 2, 5 or 10 BSs, than u spend more more total time on BSs, as if u have only 1.

That rule leads to a smaller average number of BSs in game. Thats the sense, if i am correct here.
One BS per IP, Is that the character creator IP address or IP address that logs into the BS most often? I am asking for purposes of let's say keeping characters alive for someone else.
also where do "shared" BSs come in? Can I "give" my BS slot to someone as I'll never really use it?
Ummm, keeping Bs's alive, PM us the names and we'll ensure you don't get hit. Oh and we're not daft. Don't try passing your own BS as someone else's, we have the sense to know the difference.

Shared BS's are not like futures, if you don't have one in your faction you don't get one. But if you do have them in your official faction it works something like this:

First shared battleship is free. In other words it dosn't count against anyone's BS slots.

Second and subsequent battleships must be assigned to someone in the faction. The assignee must not have a BS already, this shared BS is considered his for the purpose of the rules. Also shared BS's must be assigned to people of the apropriate rank to fly them, e.g. the LN could not assign one of it's shared BS's to an ensign.
Thank you for backing me up on that thought Linkus.

The way I see it is if a player can RP a battleship and is only to use it for RP (Such as myself and my friends) why shouldn't we be able to have more than 1.
The rules are there Stew, and they will be followed please. No one is special here, none of us, if one gets
the green light because its for 'Roleplay only,' then everyone else will be after that excuse.
That is it, its been explained umpteen times now, and nothing is going to change.

Hoodlum
Irrespective of Stewcool's current situation, I must say I find the "one BS per *account* (should be player, but I *think* it says account on the server popup)" rule to be one of those odd ones like "only 2 system owning factions".

IE: I can see no in RP or OoRP justification (unlike the "no re-engagement within 4 hours" rule, which is justified in RP by making player deaths count and OoRP by preventing "spawn camping").

This does not, however, mean that I am against it (as I will probably never own a battleship...worthless hunk of junk that you can't even RP in without being called a PvP whore...), just that I fail to see the reasoning behind the rule.
Pages: 1 2 3 4