Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unofficial factions forum Organisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've noticed that the Unofficial Factions forum is essentially a single forum. Everything that Unofficial factions need to put on the Forum is added here, the issue is, it means you have to trawl through pages or roll the dice with the search function to find the topic you want. Faction Information, Recruitment, messages dumps and so on are all jumbled together and a pita (pain in the arse) to find I think especially if your a new player and your trying to see whats available outside of the official factions.

Im thinking that it might be worth putting Sub forums similure to how under Official factions have their house sub forums, you could give the unofficial factions sections to cover the usual topics:

1: Faction information
2: Recruitment
3: Messages dumps
4: Feedback

I feel this would Help Unofficial Factions as it would give a bit more ease of access to these pieces of information rather then having to try and find it all amongst the current forum which is everything about everyone. At least if your looking for a recruitment topic in a forum about recruitment topics you dont have to worry about trying to find it amongst all the other message dumps, feedback and information topics.
There certainly does seem to be some merit to this idea but... who's going to reogransize the 5015 threads currently in there?
Well the current thread could be renamed to something like Archive, then the unoffcial factions who are active can request or move the topics themselves, and those who are no longer active, get left in the old thread.
Just make a Main Menu with all the important links related to the faction, then keep only those threads in the main Unofficial Faction section, put everything else under a subsection. Problem solved.
forgot about that big ol unofficials list
As previously mentioned, it should be factions' responsibility to give easy to access links in their threads.
The entire faction forums need an overhaul. It's a clustereff.
(08-21-2018, 02:22 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The entire faction forums need an overhaul. It's a clustereff.

+1
Faction activity list linking to their information thread would be godsend.
Pages: 1 2