Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Music & Fixed Sounds - Antonio's Music & Sound Pack 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Antonio's Music & Sound Pack v2.0

Music Pack

Whether you don't like vanilla music, got bored of it or simply want to try new stuff out, this music pack is the choice for you. Almost all system music got changed (space, danger, combat) with something that fits the environment theme and is pleasant to the ear. Preview of some of the music in this pack:

Tau Space Music
Omicron Danger Music
Sigma Battle Music
Kusari Battle Music
Bretonia Battle Music

Changing music is not against the rules and you won't be flagged by the anticheat, so it's safe to use.

Sound Pack

Sound pack consists of mixing the vanilla, Hidamari's and previous Discovery versions' sounds. It's mostly fixing annoying ones and/or those that sound off like Heavy Flashpoints. Some of the things included:

- Changed the cloak sound to make it easier to hear
- Changed Heavy Flashpoints' sound to make it more appealing
- Changed capital ship explosion sounds
- Changed the sound of launching CDs, mines and fighter missiles
- Changed the SNAC impact sound
- Added jumphole and Nomad jumpgate sound effects

How do I install the packs?

1. Back up your Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA\AUDIO folder. This is the first and most important step to do in case you screw up somewhere or just don't like the pack and want the old one back.
2. Download the sound & music pack from here. Once the page loads, click on "Download". The download is over 1 GB large because the .wav files are massive. Make sure you have enough disk space before downloading.
3. Close any Freelancer window you have open.
4. Extract the ZIP folder to a location of your choice.
5. You'll find two folders: MUSIC and SOUNDS. Copy the ones you want to use and paste them in Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA\AUDIO. It'll ask you to overwrite files, click "Yes for all" or anything similar to that.
6. The music and/or sound pack should now be functional. Delete the ZIP folder if you wish, and play as normal.
7. If you wish to uninstall the music pack, all you need to do is extract your backed up AUDIO folder, and drag it into the Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\DATA folder and overwrite everything again. The pack adds no new files, it just overwrites old ones.

That's pretty much it, feedback below as well as any bugs or questions.
I can personally vouch for the quality for most if not all the stuff in the pack, I'm usually very picky when it comes to the sounds I like and would choose to utilize. Stuff like the SNAC impact especially has a really good sense of thump to it, it really does feel like you're firing something rather destructive when the explosion it produces is so potent.

Neat stuff, worth a try and it won't mess up any of your stuff. If you don't like some of the changes, just swap them out individually or go back to the originals, no hassle and no loss.

EDIT: After checking out the music I only have two things to say. Number one, I'm seriously considering flying solely in Bretonia now. God-damn bagpipes be charming af. Number two, I really, really appreciate the effort you put in, specifically with the music by ensuring that the loops are seamless. Makes someone like me very happy.
This Music & Sound pack changed my life, I no longer feel sad while flying in Bretonia.
No but seriously, it's a great music pack, would highly recommend.
1.1 gigs
:eyes: