Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: WHAT THE BLEEP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, So I just got a console message IN GAME; something about my ping and speed. Next thing I know I'm kicked, and I cannot login. I can only ASSUME that something is wrong. I see NO admins to PM I see NO one that I can ask about this so I am asking here.

I am currently running the newest version of FL Disco Mod. Nothing else is activated. I am not grouped with anyone. I am flying alone as I usually do. flipping back and forth from the game to the forums as I do on long runs. So why am I getting this console message, why can't I log back in?

Okay now I'm back on. This is very strange.

What the BLEEP is going on?

Please let me know.

Kyte
Kicked for having a high ping rate. Bleeping bleep lag.
Thanks Gabi, I was really starting to get worried.

Bah, I hate my ISP

Kyte
Ping and speed?

Usually the server will record your speed and will allow you to go over the limit of 450 or whatever for a while, till the Admins notice.
That usually occurs when someones ping goes crazy and they are doing something like going through a jumpgate, sending them flying.

Maybe your ping wasn't that high but you went over that speed limit and this is simply a new server anti-cheat method?
Not saying you cheated of course, there's always issues with things like this.
The server kicks people who have a high packet loss rate or high ping fluctuations (or both).

This is because such packet loss and ping fluctuations have a noticable adverse affect on server performance as a whole.

Imagine the server dealing with 150 people, but waiting on packet data from a few users while dealing with packetdata from the others. Then it either recieves the data (packet lag), or the queries have to be resent (packet loss). While it deals with this request again, the rest of the server gets ahead of the person.

I think that the measure is in place to stop the server bogging down when dealing with peak-time loads of 180-200 people.
I got one of those earlier today.

I logged back in after Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked me.
Yeah I got it too. It's a real pain in the ass 'cause you can't log back on. Would suck to get it in the middle of a fight. I understand why it might be necissary... but, is it fair?