Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: /renameme one-week cooldown: eliminate, keep, other?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Frankly, the one-week cooldown for /renameme is near-pointless.

We've already a few ways to circumvent the cooldown (of which I ever-so-won't detail here, nor in any form of media from yours-truly), but the fact remains that 'tis more of an inconvenience than a benefit, especially for those people who'd like to roleplay their ships as new versions for various reasons, including every time it gets destroyed. (ex: GOAT.Nobleman.Leon becomes GOAT.Nobleman.Leon.2).

Though I do see the point as to why it might exist, which is to leave as much paper-trail for admin-investigations to follow. But as I pointed out, savvy trollsindividuals would know how to get around this system, so ultimately the one-week system mostly harms the average player than it does benefit them.

Therefore, I've placed a poll for thee dearies to ponder upon.

ADDENDUM: it just dawned on yours-truly that the /renameme command makes bounty-hunting a tricky business, so if 'tis possible, I'd add in the following choices:

#5: Adjust, one week cooldown (to use again) > one week until name change is implemented (seven server restarts)
#6: Adjust, one week cooldown (to use again) > one week until name change is implemented (seven server restarts) AND make it quite credit-expensive

Nvm:

(09-10-2018, 11:23 AM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 11:20 AM)Mr.Fabulous Wrote: [ -> ]rendering most possibly-recurring bounty-attacks

Just to point out, I fixed the problem I was having with the bounty plugin. So in terms of that, bounty posts auto update themselves when someone renames themselves; rending that a nonissue.
Week to day. Simple, not messy, no mass complaints.
ADDENDUM: it just dawned on yours-truly that the /renameme command makes bounty-hunting a tricky business, so if 'tis possible, I'd add in the following choices:

#5: Adjust, one week cooldown (to use again) > one week until name change is implemented (seven server restarts)
#6: Adjust, one week cooldown (to use again) > one week until name change is implemented (seven server restarts) AND make it quite credit-expensive
i dont see the problem. most ppl just know theyre bountied by a hunter telling them. so they get keeled once, and obv rename. this could actually be a rp aspect. the target is destroyed, and not to be found again.
(09-10-2018, 11:14 AM)Timinator Wrote: [ -> ]i dont see the problem. most ppl just know theyre bountied by a hunter telling them. so they get keeled once, and obv rename. this could actually be a rp aspect. the target is destroyed, and not to be found again.

The problem with the current system is that it works immediately upon use, rendering most possibly-recurring bounty-attacks on said character null and moot, the name-change process making the bounty a 'minor inconvenience' at best, a 'slap on the wrist' at worst.

Therefore 'twould make more sense to not at all make it easy for someone to ditch their ship sigs (especially if said ship is a capital-class vessel, complete with paperworks, people-who-made-said-vessel, etc.), and therefore cost quite a bit of money to do, hence the options for making /renameme expensive...

... OR making /renameme not work immediately, but only after a number of server restarts, and on the final server restart the name of said char will be changed.

OR both take time, AND be expensive.
(09-10-2018, 11:20 AM)Mr.Fabulous Wrote: [ -> ]rendering most possibly-recurring bounty-attacks

Just to point out, I fixed the problem I was having with the bounty plugin. So in terms of that, bounty posts auto update themselves when someone renames themselves; rending that a nonissue.
No cooldown please. Price is okay. Assassination bounties are dead already.
(09-10-2018, 11:29 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]No cooldown please. Price is okay. Assassination bounties are dead already.

+1, I can't remember last time I saw someone specifically bountied actually log anyways.
I think it should have some sort of cool down at least just because i can see it becoming a spam happy troll tool. Instead of a week maybe make it 2-3 days rather then just one, the week maybe abit long, i cant mention the amount of times ive forgotten that you cant have just a "space" and ended up with a ship named "The" for a week. SO reduce the cool down but maybe keep it too 2 days
I am not sure about the cooldown, but renameme should definitely cost much much more than now. It´s significant protection from inRP consequences, yet it´s literally for free, because two million is nothing in times when you can earn tens of millions per hour.
Pages: 1 2