Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pve event rework idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We just have laggy npc spam cultist events right now which is not interesting at all. I think PVE requires a rework
I ve got few ideas to make more challenging and fun pve events.

Add unique ship models, no overpowered weapons(I'll explain), no npcs, more boss ships with different unique stuff on them etc

1.Unique Boss ship models
This is a big problem because there is like 1 or 2 player that can actually make great models that fitting to Discovery Quality.I doubt this going to happen but whatever. I also think there should be more Boss ships such as;

*AI Ships similar to Mass Effect Reapers or Ancient ships Vertical focused model, Massive Dreadnought,Carrier,Battleship,Cruiser,Drone etc
*Sphere or Pyramid or Cube like thing similar to Star Trek Borgs
*Space creatures? no, not nomads. Maybe more fleshy like Whales, Leviathans,Space Dragons etc
*Crystal things? Why not? every game got em
*Advanced Pirate/Marauder ships

2.How they gonna work
Basically they are going to have lots of survivability but mostly Shield Tank because Discovery allows you to customize Shield, you can make them tanky vs capital weapons but weak vs bomber weapons etc
Boss ships will spawn in one system and when you enter the system it will give you a warning that saying there is unidentified ship attacking players and admins NOTgoing to post that on Forums, players will find them and call Navy,Military via RP channels and alert them.
Boss ships have to be player controlled and must log once a day if not tell someone else to log in. Player controlled because NPCs cant handle unique stuff.
Each boss ship will drop its own loots or admins will give them by picking player names randomly that attacked the Boss ship.

Boss ships will spawn in one system and it will stay there for 3 days if no one show up, it will move to next system and stay there for 3 days. Basically player has to log and stay around for atleast 1 hour and attack players in system.
Boss ships will have Unidentified Object name first, After players discover it, name will change to e.g Ancient_Dreadnought or Space_Creature.
If you get killed by Boss ship you will be out for 2 hours, standard PVP rules will stay so you will need enough ships to kill it or ignore it till it become larger problem and jump to more populated system
It will be up to boss ship if its going to RP with players before attacking it or simply attack without RP but must not target newbie players and ruin their game also give chance to transports.
Boss ship can interfere with Raids or Fleet Fights if players stupid enough to fight in a system where Boss ship staying.
Killing Boss ship will have 2 Stages. If players win the first fight, Boss ship will jump out to next system and it will be damaged so basically it will be equipped with Damaged Shields and less than %50 armor.Damaged Boss ship will disappear and show up next day.

Every Boss ship will have its own unique weapon systems and advantages/disadvantages it will be up to players find them out.
Boss ships not going to have overpowered weapons but enough to counter a fleet that is not coordinated
Every ship class will have something in this event. So its not gonna be Battleship only.

3. Unique Ship systems and Weapons
So every boss ship will have its own unique weapon systems. That can be AOE anti-shield weapon, Anti-powercore weapon, Jumpdrive that allows you to jump 2k-3k away, Strong Thruster etc.
Weapons will be different but will be enough to counter most ship types
Boss Carrier with its own special drone module that is only weak vs Fighters and also pose threat to Fighter so yeah it can kill fighters.

I'll update the thread if i forgot something, pretty sure i forgot something but whatever

What do you guys think? I think its not possible but whatever
Does anyone remember the factions called Nomads and Wild?
Isn't it a PvP event, though, when you say they'll be player controlled?

Also, I sorta have to agree with Lyth. I know I'm biased because I lead a Nomad faction, but why make new things when we have perfectly functional assets? As long as these Nomads/Wild play to their RP (no Marduks in house space, please), where is the problem?
Nomads still alive? I heard they gonna get Suncrusher and some stuff was going to happen but what happned? We need more interesing stuff
|Aoi is more than willing to play a part in PvE events, if we're given the chance.
(09-10-2018, 10:43 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Nomads still alive? I heard they gonna get Suncrusher and some stuff was going to happen but what happned? We need more interesing stuff

The Suncrusher is a unique asset and probably will never be openly accessible, as it is a major plot device (or will be if it were canon, which it isn't yet, I believe). And I guess you got me there if the main antagonist in the Freelancer universe isn't exciting enough for you. Borg cubes and space dragons, you say?
(09-10-2018, 10:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone remember the factions called Nomads and Wild?

They were really cool boss monsters. Then players started playing them and they became less of an endgame thing and more of just a PvP staple.
(09-10-2018, 11:05 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 10:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone remember the factions called Nomads and Wild?

They were really cool boss monsters. Then players started playing them and they became less of an endgame thing and more of just a PvP staple.

They really should be played as a sirius-wide kill-athon. Within limits of course. Get a group of five wilde and do what the Phantoms once did. RP ontop of that, so people start off frightened - and then RP is suddenly immersing. Or infected should be people high up in other groups. Remove the "can only be in one faction" rule for infected characters.

Instead you've got, err, mercenaries, basically filling the role of the infected.