Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Modder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking around and i thought wow i would be cool if i could try and do some of this. I have no idea what to do when it comes to modding but i wanna see if i can change a few things around at first then get into some bigg stuff.

What are some good, easy to use, modding programs that i could get my hands on
There are no programs.

You need to download SDK, read tutorials from TLR and get started somehow. Everyone starts in a different way.

Freelancer Explorer is a program for creating systems, but if you don't know how Freelancer ini files work, you won't ever make anything good with it. Believe me.
Good thinking man, I have about 10 differant versions of discovery that I tinkered with. :P

There acutally are a few programs, FLSE (Freelancer system editor) but thats for after you know a bit about FLE (Freelancer explorer) another freelancer system editor. There is also SDK like igiss said. I use FLFE ( freelancer faction editor) to do factions, it so easy its almost easer that making a patrol route, the thing is you have to know how to say English in German, becase you will have to click that button in FLFE to change the lauange. xD
Ship Editing & Complete FL Modding Tutorial
Utilities, Tools and other downloadable goodies by Juni & Trent

The above links should help you quite a bit as there are *SEVERAL* pieces of software on that page from stuff useful to modders, to stuff useful for both modders and players. It's good stuff :)

: You must *REALLY* know your stuff to not use any of the software outthere. *Salute* I couldn't dream of not using it for anything outside of editing existing data.