Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Proposal: Remove second part of Rule 5.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The Old Testament of Discovery Wrote:5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

I'd like to propose the removal of the bolded part of rule 5.5. Once upon a time it may have made sense but for some time now we've had flatmates, couples and entire families play this game and are unable to play together because of it. Given the declining population of the game I believe we should revoke this sub-rule to allow for both more potential interaction on the server and to encourage people to recruit by local word of mouth.

Discuss.
Kazinsal is right.
There should be a poll for it.
I can imagine compromise in form of a thread where people who play from the same network will announce they will do so and state name of their characters they will play with, so admins can make random controls of logs where they can see if they really behave like two (or more) players or it´s one player running more than one character, for example on his PC and laptop. Usually it becomes obvious sooner or later. Not registering in this thread while doing trading/mining will be still considered as a rule violation.
Kazinsal is right.
Karlotta is right that Kazinsal is right.
And TacticalNoodle too.
I hate agreeing with people on Discovery, but Kaz has a good point. Gone are the days of 200 people around and any extra person that we may get to play this game would be a huge bonus to keeping the community alive beyond the forum bickering we all enjoy.
I think we should remove that part of the rule as well. Why limit the amount of people who can play?
My husband specifically doesn't play the game because we can't play together, since we're accessing from the same public IP. I would love for him to join me on Discovery, so I am absolutely in favor of this!
Agreed ,but with anoucment/aditional rule that if people try to abuse it to play alone with 2 ships to farm money and get caught , get imididiete game ban, no excuse .
That will alowe families to play and scare possible cheters .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9