Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The warning level chin-wag thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been a bad boy.

...or have I?

it took me until today to notice that my forum warning level increased to 10%

It begs the rhetorical question: is it a black mark, or a trophy?

I know what it was for, & I agree that I deserved some sort of smack just in principal, but I believe it should've been a smack that couldn't have been so easily overlooked.

The warning level system has never in my experience been exercised as intended, so what's the point of using it at all?

That's the question I can't help but ask.

A pm would have been far more effective to get my attention...at least then, I'd have been notified to reply & at the very least, acknowledge my actions to the staff.

Obviously, my behavior didn't warrant a sanction...but if not, why not?

If it's agreed that one is to be punished for their actions, then that's what needs to be done. Simple as, end of.

Barring teeth that don't bite is, well, fecklessly toothless tbh.
I have 60%. has 90%. Yours are rookie numbers, you gotta pump 'em up!
So, that 2...& presumably 3 in the trophy column. heh!
I have a 90% warning level that hasn't gone down for 8 months, since I made fun of another guy's racist dog whistling by applying the logic and language of the political figure he used as an avatar onto the user's own demographic.

And a probation status that wasn't lifted despite no violations for 6 months, when I was told it would get lifted after 3 months.

It's also quite amusing to see you, Marburg, complain about admin actions. Considering how you were one of the "admins can do whatever they want" cheerleaders before you apparently lost their favor.
Karl, You seemed not to have noticed that I've been critical of the staff many, many times, even
when I was on the staff.

I invite you to go take a look for yourself if ya like.

As far as you go specifically, I remember when a blanket amnesty was proposed in the admin chat back when I was still in it, & although it made me feel dirty to propose it, I stated that even you should be included in the interest of fairness. I was ignored & my proposal scrolled up into oblivion.

& for the record, not once have I ever held the position that, as you say, "admins can do whatever they want"

If you believe that, then show me the proof. I do however historically advocate a strictness that was more necessary in the server's glory days that I freely tout, but don't try to pass off that propaganda as reality, no matter how amusing you find it.

Past all that, if what you say is true, & you haven't been granted a reset as you were told, then I'd say that you're being shafted have a legitimate gripe on that score.
I have zero. Highest I've gone is 40% (for about a week).

It seems sometimes a bit arbitrary, but there's a system behind it. It's a cheap and dirty way of tracking forum conduct and behaviour - along with general misconduct. That depends on if the admins remember to set an expiry date and how harsh they're being.
if you're explaining it for those that don't already have a clear understanding of its concept, then good on ya.

You are 100% correct though, it IS by all appearances arbitrary, cheap & dirty.

Which is why I advocate for not bothering to use it at all...but if it is to be used, then it needs to be utilized with reliable consistency.
(09-13-2018, 11:22 PM)Marburg Wrote: [ -> ]Past all that, if what you say is true, & you haven't been granted a reset as you were told, then I'd say that you're being shafted have a legitimate gripe on that score.

It's called Permanent probation for a reason.
One time I was curious what would happen if I named my RM character's message encryption type "Zyklon B". Apparently it got me a warning level of 10%.
I think Forum warning level shouldn't go away with time,
I had 10% then it went away, but it could stay there forever as a reminder, could even bracket it, 30% - 2week ban 60% 1 month ban 90% 2 month ban, 100% Perma dead.
Pages: 1 2 3 4