Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a few thoughts regarding Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Some thoughts since i reinstalled Discovery to version 4.80....One character per player what's so wrong with that? role play to the best of your ability and when you go as far as you can delete and create new at least that will give your character personality instead of 15 different versions of the same.....and what's the deal with adding the cylon raider and the colonial viper? i chose this mod for the freelancer ships and the new imaginative additions not rehashed tv ships!! what's next? the Enterprise and Tie Fighters? Dont get me wrong...cool ships but they need to stay in their own universes adding tv/movie ships makes this mod like any other FL mod out there.........well, just a couple of things i thought id mention. Other than that great work. Nitpicking aside id still chose this mod over any other because this mod has so much going for it despite what ive pointed out. Looking forward to 4.81........
Thanks for your kind comments on Discovery Freelancer. Rest assured you will never see any of the Star Trek ships in this mod. We've picked very few ships out of other mods that seem to fit best with the mod itself.

Granted a few ships we could stand to lose, but You never know.. some *DO* look like advanced freelancer ships :)
Appreciate your comments Wolfpack....Look for me in game as Event_Horizon...Nice Avatar by the way!!
First of all, what's that stuff about 1 character per player? How's that? No one has 1 character per player. It's 5 like it always was.

Second, we do add some sci-fi ships, but that's because most custom ships that are being made for Freelancer are not as good as those. If a sci-fi ship is done well and suits what ships we already have (Battlestar Galactica, for example), I don't feel bad about adding it. Most new battleships are from Star Wars, and guess what? anyone complaining about them? no, cause there's nothing too familiar like Star Destroyer or X-Wings (I'm not intended to add those).

Babylon 5 ships mostly have not-very-high-quality models so I doubt we'll ever see them in Discovery (sorry Angel). As for Star Trek, there are some very cool-looking ships, problem is that most of them have 'bird' or 'disk' configuration that won't fit well into Freelancer's trade lanes and gates.
LOLBABYLION5NICETRYDUDELOL.

As for your coment on the "They are all cool in there own universes.", this is true and all, but this is, after all discovery. Think, a few of the Cycon outcasts made it here some how, persued by a few Colonial Vipers.
Jets has a good point, for example on how the BSG ships got here:

Cylons were created by the Colonials in the BSG Universe, the Colonials are comprised of 12 planets, or tribes who lost contact with their 13th tribe (earth). Now as we know Freelancer is based on earth growing and colonizing planets in their solar system (Play Starlancer for more info) then war started between the Coalition and alliance which lead to the sleeper ships departing. Who is to say that the battlestar galactica never stumbled on the Sirius system in it's journeys to find earth. :)
hmm, I tend to believe that Galactica was here... considering the number of Colonial Vipers flying all around Sirius lately it may still be lurking in a dark corner... :dry:

or, the Zoners have figured out how to make the Cylon Raider and Colonial Viper and addapted the weapon mounts to use Sirius weaponry...
Hell the number of raiders and vipers could be justified by wrecks found in space/on planets found by zoners and restored/retrofitted for our types of weaponry mounts added (vipers only have 2 laser/projectile weapons plus missiles)
Igiss, my feeling is it SHOULD be 1 character per player....that way role playing becomes paramount......learn to make your character memorable instead of just run of the mill and you have to think your choices through instead of just creating another character.......and second.......there should'nt be any ships from tv/movies it just downgrades the mod as far as im concerned because practically every other Freelancer mod adds tv/movie ships...thats why Discovery stood out for me, every new ship added was original....
That's easy for you to say. Some of us have built up two or more characters' reputations from scratch. As in human-player wise. Everyone knows at least two of my characters.

Besides that, I would get bored of Disco if I had to delete my character everytime I got a new idea. Starting from the beginning is fun only so many times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5