Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Companion update for DiscoveryGC (Current: v4.32)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Download: https://github.com/Corran-Raisu/FLCompan...v4.32).zip
Zip file contains just the compiled application. No installer, etc.

Github Source Code: https://github.com/Corran-Raisu/FLCompanion

v4.32 fixes a divide by zero issue that would crash the app on startup when the "Maximum Investment" limitation setting is used but results in 0 units for the trade calculation.

"Newest" Updates:
Trust me, the irony isn't lost.

FLCompanion can now import player reputation sheets. This can be enabled/disabled via Game>Import from running game>Your character's reputation sheet.
  • In singleplayer, this should work on its own.
  • In multiplayer, the Player Status window must be opened at least once on the character you're importing the reputation sheet for. By default, this can be done using the F8 key.
  • Use the "Refresh Data from Client map" option or its Ctrl + F5 shortcut to trigger the import process to get any reputation sheet updates.

Yes, it isn't perfect and there are plenty of bugs from the changes that were made that I'd rather get fixed but would rather this go as-is for now so I can take a break from it but also have something that works a bit better for the DiscoveryGC server.

it seems to want some other fils to be present, somthing about vb 4 ??
mfc140ud.dll
ucrtbased.dll
vcruntime140D.dll
msvcp140D.dll

Those are the error mesages before it just shuts down..
or should I copy it nto my existing fl companian folder ??
If you can actually make a functional upgrade, that would be wonderful. The heavily needed feature from the development point of view is a "button" that forces a recalculation of all the data without having to exit and reload the program from scratch. And don't forget the option from the file menu to save base to base travel times. That is the key feature that allows economy development.
(09-17-2018, 01:20 AM)kerfy Wrote: [ -> ]it seems to want some other fils to be present, somthing about vb 4 ??
mfc140ud.dll
ucrtbased.dll
vcruntime140D.dll
msvcp140D.dll

Those are the error mesages before it just shuts down..
or should I copy it nto my existing fl companian folder ??

Weird, I ran it after uninstalling FLComp on my PC and it worked fine. Not to mention there being no dll files in the FLComp folder.
Likely from changing over to newer version when I initially opened in in Visual Studio to start tinkering with it. Will have to look into that.

Xoria, the base to base travel time should still be there. As for a Reload INI files button, I could certainly look into that.
Edit: Turns out that might actually be my fault. Tossed a debug build of the application into the zip file instead of....
Reeeeeeeeeeelease
Big kudos, amazing work, finally the FLCompanion looks good, minus the boring as well.
Ahh..there you go..work fine ..
Xoria, what are the defaults you use for FLComp?
I was going to bother you over Discord about this, but you need to set it up to avoid the non transport jumpholes such as Omicron Minor -> Alaska. These are defined at the very top of initialworld.ini under DATA.
I dont know FL Companion well, but is there an option that somehow lets you estimate the profit of ore hauling? If not... you know...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9