Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gravedigging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't really get what the issue is, to make a post it must be relevant to someone, regardless of the date it was made.

What is more annoying is if people make comments in a new thread when there are ones already existing discussing the point. And then people say: "use the search button before making a new post"

So what do you want? Relevant comments in old threads or needless new threads with the relevant comment? If the post is on-topic I have no issue, what annoys me more is the off-topic and needless comments afterwards about the fact its gravedug.
Ooooooooooooooor you can just PM a moderator and we can evaluate the situation.
' Wrote:Ooooooooooooooor you can just PM a moderator and we can evaluate the situation.

Wasting space creating a thread about the issue is a far better solution to the original wasting of space by posting in the thread which did not require a gravedig.
I did a pretty epic gravedig back when I was new here.

Sometimes it can be funny or bring back fond memories... but most of the time people dont use enough tact when gravedigging, and they end up bringing something out of the ground nobody wants to see.
' Wrote:I did a pretty epic gravedig back when I was new here.

Sometimes it can be funny or bring back fond memories... but most of the time people dont use enough tact when gravedigging, and they end up bringing something out of the ground nobody wants to see.

Yeah. Sometimes gravedigging can be useful, sometimes it's rather pointless. I myself once did a huge gravedig, but I had a reason behind it.
This thread is awesome.
' Wrote:This thread is awesome.

That post is commonly known as spam.

Gravedigging is alright if the subject being raised is still worthy of discussion. If it's not then we'll delete the recent posts in it and probably lock it.
' Wrote:gravedigging is alright if the subject being raised is still worthy of discussion. If it's not then we'll delete the recent posts in it and probably lock it.

I would say that if a topic is worthy of re-review and still applies to a contemporary setting, then that point should be extracted and raised in a new post. Even if the OP has merit, much of the commentary does not and in many cases can even contribute to sparking an argument long dormant.

As such grave digging is presented with a nearly universal lock.
' Wrote:I would say that if a topic is worthy of re-review and still applies to a contemporary setting, then that point should be extracted and raised in a new post. Even if the OP has merit, much of the commentary does not and in many cases can even contribute to sparking an argument long dormant.

As such grave digging is presented with a nearly universal lock.

As much as I am going to hate myself tomorrow, I have to agree with Dusty, in terms of easy navigation of the boards, a new thread with link to the old one would be more efficient.

If you remember Zelot, the last time you did that, the thread you were refering to got a gravedig itself.
Pages: 1 2 3