Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [HF] Notice - Imminent Disbandment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The faction is more or less dead and we'll be giving up the ghost in seven or so days unless there's actually enough interest - a tangible, people willing to throw an [HF] tag on and fly level of interest - in saving the faction. There aren't enough people who care. There are essentially two types of people we need.

1: PvP oriented players who want to shoot stuff and win - I drove these off by allying the faction with Auxesia and Harmony.
2: Passive RP oriented players willing to sit around and roleplay a Legionnaire. These are driven off due to the faction's nature as a PvP focused entity.

The whole situation is basically a death spiral and its gotten to the point over the past few months where keeping the old beast on life support just feels like a chore. I'm frustrated nearly every time I log in with an [HF] tag, rarely by any outside influence and almost always by the lack of interest from my own members.

For anyone not super clear on what the HF *is*, I'm just going to dump the work in progress faction lore page rewrite that I never posted on the forums. It's incomplete, but it should give people a solid idea of who we are and what we're meant to do, not that I expect the faction to be around in seven days from now.

- Lore doc
- Unseelie's Commonwealth stuff (VERY UNFINISHED)

Please don't inquire as to what will happen with any RP threads involving the [HF] / Locklear. I haven't figured it out yet, and in all likelyhood I'll probably just drop all of them, as there are far too many stressful obligations which feel like work to be handling when the only work I'm obligated to do here is dev work.
I think you need some time to think about this. This is massive. People get demotivated all the time and sometimes find that light to do rp again.

Also ((heck)), we're not a pvp focused faction );<
Its been thought about. A lot. Over months.
I feel you, being an OFL with that much on your plate, diplomacy, lore, development is bad enough. But your role as a senior developer is also a mountain of effort. We can't always do it all.

Hopefully you find yourself more comfortable elsewhere though, you do have a lot of potential to add to other factions. HF is your baby-project, and I know its hard to give up like this but I'll give you the respect that you took it instead of drilling your head down the meatgrinder.
Very sad to see that happen. I knew you need a break, definitely, judging by the latest PM you sent me on Discord, and if Reeves wouldn't have said this was more than just the stuff mentioned in your OP, I'd have said you're simply having the same problems with HF ANY faction has.

Sad moment for Discovery. I just hope the NPC faction and assets remain.
pmd you on skype
(09-21-2018, 05:22 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Very sad to see that happen. I knew you need a break, definitely, judging by the latest PM you sent me on Discord, and if Reeves wouldn't have said this was more than just the stuff mentioned in your OP, I'd have said you're simply having the same problems with HF ANY faction has.

Sad moment for Discovery. I just hope the NPC faction and assets remain.

I'm interested as to what Reeves told you which isn't clear here, because people definitely need to not get the wrong idea here. It's a zero sum scenario where the faction's own nature is to destroy itself.
I agree with Geoff, and I said that it ain't an easy time for OF's in the server right now in Discord before it farted on me.

I wish I could be the one to pick this up, but between the time available from RL and the fact that you and I know very well who I am, I can't and obviously am not the right person to ever lead the Legion.

Also, speaking as an old Legionnaire, we walked this path, and I loved it. All the battles, roleplay and watching my own character grow. I also admit I lost interest in the faction, even when I am an rp guy alongside my usual itchy trigger finger.

If I can help you, Justin, you, I will.
The faction might just need a change of vision and direction? There's no point in disbanding factions.
(09-21-2018, 05:39 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The faction might just need a change of vision and direction? There's no point in disbanding factions.

We've already discussed this and the reasonable options we have aren't exactly within the realm of possibility and they would ruin the vision that the Legion is going for right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6