Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do you think making SNAC useless vs snubs was a good idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Quote:- Added balancemagic FLHook plugin - SNAC, Corona beam now have scaling damage modifiers against hull based on ship class, eg 15% damage vs fighters and 100% to battleships

As the title says. After I drank a few beers and calmed down I want to hear the comunity's opinion on the recent changes regarding SNAC.
Well, I have no problem with instakills, as long as they require a certain amount of skill. Snacs were alright. Cruiser razors were not.
SNAC insta-kill is fine against Fighters, not against SHVF or Bombers, I'd say.
SNACs instakilling fighters have always felt stupid. I welcome this change.

95% of the time it wasn't skill. It was just people getting lucky off cocky snub pilots slipping up.
Snac was fine and useful and if admins really thought that after terrible cries of SNAC'ed pilots, they should do something about the Supernova Antimofo Cannon, reducing speed to 200 or even 150 m/s would be enough, instead all they did was make a lot of bomber pilots useles against VHF's and alike.

When you make a weapon, you dont destroy its usefulness just because dedicated pilots trained themselves to the extreme with it.

Long live the old SNAC!!
(09-22-2018, 02:20 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]95% of the time it wasn't skill. It was just people getting lucky off cocky snub pilots slipping up.
Wasn't skill? I guess you never flew a snac bomber before. It takes a lot of practice to learn how to shoot the gun properly
A Bomber won't kill a fighter that shield runs. That's the correct way to deal with Bombers.
(09-22-2018, 02:21 PM)Baphomet Wrote: [ -> ]Snac was fine and useful and if admins really thought that after terrible cries of SNAC'ed pilots, they should do something about the Supernova Antimofo Cannon, reducing speed to 200 or even 150 m/s would be enough, instead all they did was make a lot of bomber pilots useles against VHF's and alike.

When you make a weapon, you dont destroy its usefulness just because dedicated pilots trained themselves to the extreme with it.

Long live the old SNAC!!

Reducing its speed would have been a better nerf than what happened. Bombers were already way outmatched by snubs. Now they became dead meat in every fight
Goodbye seal-clubbing.
(09-22-2018, 02:26 PM)Reeves Wrote: [ -> ]Goodbye seal-clubbing.

Agreed. What I hate about instakills the most is how newbies are the worst affected. Instakills generally speaking are just bad for gameplay. I'd honestly like to see Razors touched next.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11