Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ageira Innovations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Research, Development, and Analysis

Sr. Researcher Brian Callaghan

Warning!
The following information is classified SECRET. Only Ageira President JOHN WHITE and those individuals with SECRET clearance in the Republic of Liberty are cleared to access this communication. Accessing this information without proper clearance or in any way, shape, or form, sharing information contained within this communication or any related materials with non-authorized persons directly or indirectly will result in immediate prosecution under Section 1, Article 4 of the Libertonian code of law.

To President White or whom it may concern:

Greetings. I am Sr. Researcher Callaghan, representing the Research, Development, and Analysis division of the Liberty Security Force.

Introductions do little to move our goals along, however, so I will skip the formalities and move directly to the point. The Security Force is commissioning a new project, code name ECHELON. Unfortunately at this security clearance I can only offer so much information, but suffice it to say we are interested in investigating all recent developments in ship-based signals capturing and processing, ranging the full suite - traditional RADAR, passive thermal scopes, gravimetric listening systems, and even telescope arrays. In particular, however, we're interested in developing - or acquiring - the latest in hostile sensors detection and classification. In layman's terms, we want to know when the bad guys are listening, and we want to know it well. If you believe your company can be of assistance, I would be most grateful and more than willing to talk specifics with your research teams at that time.

My thanks in advance.

Brian Callaghan, PhD
Senior Researcher

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

[Image: Qs8hS2n.png]

To: Brian Callaghan

Dear Mr. Callaghan,

It is great to hear from Liberty Security Force once again. Last time we were contracted to make deliveries for Project Fidelity and it was our pleasure to assist your organisation.

Onto the matter, we do have some research assets dedicated toward this field however we need more details on the project to be able determine if we can adapt our progress or shift it to fit your needs. I understand the nature of classified projects but as president of Ageira Innovations, I already have high clearance into the matters that concerns technological marvels that pushed Liberty to become dominant house. There should be no problem with getting proper clearance for information vital to determining if our research can benefit your project.

Sincerely,

John White,
President, Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Internal Affairs

Sr. Agent 'Veritas'

Mr. White:

It is unfortunate that you weren't briefed on the difficulties we encountered with Project ECHELON. I believe RDA may not have been trained in the finer points of public relations.

Regardless, we are finally able to proceed with the project, should your company still be interested. Alongside this message will be an attached security code for access to the Project ECHELON project information database. At the time of writing, only the project brief is currently visible, and you'll note it makes repeated reference to an Osiris-class hull e.g. the Fidelity. Unfortunately, that's no longer the case for this project. The war effort has sapped our normally extensive budget, and most resources are simply going into keeping advanced vessels like the Fidelity and the Lehigh operational. Simply put, building a new hull using best guesses on half-finished blueprints is simply out of the question.

However, we may have an ace in the hole. I can't speak to the source or if it will come to fruition, but we are in the process for negotiating for a Core Mako-class in its stead. We don't have complete schematics of the vessel, of course, but if all goes to plan we should have the vessel moored at Chesapeake in two weeks' time. According to the source, it'll be at least somewhat damaged, so obviously there'll be a lot of extra work in getting it up to capacity in addition to all the planned upgrades. Our hope, however, is that your company can help us kill these two birds with one technologically advanced stone. Of course, all of this will mean yet more waiting for your company, as we won't know exactly what upgrades we need to make until we have the actual vessel in our hands.

I'll leave this channel open in the hope Ageira still wishes to be of service.

In service to the Republic.

'Veritas'
Senior Agent-in-Command
Dept. of Internal Affairs

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

[Image: Qs8hS2n.png]

To: Veritas of Liberty Security Force

Dear Agent Veritas,

Ageira is always looking forward to work on Liberty Forces projects in order to advance and enhance them. But without details on what is expected of us we are unable to start working on the project. Therefore we will be awaiting any further information that will allow us to be put to work.

Sincerely,

John White,
President, Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force

Sr. Researcher Brian Callaghan

Warning!
The following information is classified ECHELON SECRET. Only Ageira President JOHN WHITE and those individuals with ECHELON SECRET clearance in the Republic of Liberty are cleared to access this communication. Accessing this information without proper clearance or in any way, shape, or form, sharing information contained within this communication or any related materials with non-authorized persons directly or indirectly will result in immediate prosecution under Section 1, Article 4 of the Libertonian code of law.

President White:

Greetings once again.

I'm glad to hear that Ageira Innovations is still interested in working with us on this project. I, hopefully, can finally elucidate just what it is we've been trying to work on. If you are interested in the long technical project statement that we've crafted up for this segment of the project, I've attached it alongside this communication. However, in short, we would like to see what proposals Ageira Innovations might have for the development of upgrades and retrofits to the venerable AN/SPS-303 and AN/SPR-307 active and passive listening arrays that make up the bulk of the sensors on our capital vessels. The Mako-class Peleliu, recently delivered to the Security Force through some deal I won't trouble you with the details of, will serve as the testbed for a variety of technologies, including this experiment.

The Directorate is interested in seeing the optimal and effective range of both the passive and active components of our short-range AN/SPS-303 radar increased, while also being interested in seeing the fidelity and accuracy of detail in the long-range AN/SPR-307 passive array increased (even to the detriment of its effective range). In short, we want to give the ECHELON project the ability to detect vessels completely and accurately in tactical combat farther out, while increasing the fidelity and accuracy of strategic, long-range passive sensor returns even at the cost of effective range. Complicated, I know, but it's what the bosses want.

We will also be looking into reactor developments simultaneously, and while I cannot give you even a ball-park figure at this time, we would like to see what you can deliver on the sensor front with the assumption that the power system aboard the craft will be much improved comparable to the average Overlord-class. To be crude, "go nuts".

I hope this is enough information to get started on. If you have any other questions or concerns, just holler.

Brian Callaghan
Senior Researcher, PhD Astrophysics